Show Currently Reviewing (locked) app in the My Apps section of a reviewer's setting page.

RESOLVED FIXED

Status

Marketplace
Reviewer Tools
RESOLVED FIXED
5 years ago
5 years ago

People

(Reporter: potch, Assigned: robhudson)

Tracking

x86
Mac OS X
Points:
---

Details

(Reporter)

Description

5 years ago
If a reviewer begins reviewing an app in the Reviewer Tools, show that app's tile (installable) in the My Apps section on all their logged-in sessions.

To start this can be simply a "pull" feature, aka, you load My Apps after beginning review of an app.
Possibly an obvious point, but multiple review pages can be opened so it will need to show all open apps.
(Assignee)

Comment 2

5 years ago
Sounds like we might want to avoid overloading "My Apps":
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=822684#c2

Perhaps a special page in the reviewer tools -- "Under Review Apps"?
(In reply to Rob Hudson [:robhudson] from comment #2)
> Sounds like we might want to avoid overloading "My Apps":
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=822684#c2
> 
> Perhaps a special page in the reviewer tools -- "Under Review Apps"?

+1
(Assignee)

Updated

5 years ago
Assignee: nobody → robhudson.mozbugs

Comment 4

5 years ago
Having a “My reviewed apps” section on Reviewer Tools sounds like a smart idea. That way, we keep the “My apps” section on the consumer side of Marketplace tidy and feature-focused, which I believe was also the intent of bug 822684.

I haven’t had a chance to think about the implementation of this page yet, but here are 3 design questions that I’m starting to think about, that will impact the way we will build this page.

1. What’s the point in time when a reviewer “begins reviewing an app”, when the app starts to get listed on this page?
  * Is it triggered by an “Install” action?
  * Is it triggered by any comment made on App History?
  * At what point can a reviewer no longer be considered “reviewing an app”?
  * Can multiple reviewer review an app? And other tricky user permission questions.

2. Can this page remember apps? Meaning, if I have reviewed an app a week/month/year ago, will it be listed here today?
  * If yes, is there a limit to how much or how long the system can remember my reviewed apps?
  * If no—that is, if the app is gone the moment I finished reviewing it—will this page serve as a transient listing?

3. This page will have a listing of apps. What happens when user taps on each list item?
  * Will it open /reviewers/apps/review/appname – which is the app history page on Reviewer Tools
  * Will it open /app/appname – which is the app listing page that’s “consumer facing”
(In reply to Bram Pitoyo [:bram] from comment #4)
> Having a “My reviewed apps” section on Reviewer Tools sounds like a smart
> idea. That way, we keep the “My apps” section on the consumer side of
> Marketplace tidy and feature-focused, which I believe was also the intent of
> bug 822684.
> 
> I haven’t had a chance to think about the implementation of this page yet,
> but here are 3 design questions that I’m starting to think about, that will
> impact the way we will build this page.
> 
> 1. What’s the point in time when a reviewer “begins reviewing an app”, when
> the app starts to get listed on this page?

When you load a review detail page e.g., https://marketplace-dev.allizom.org/reviewers/apps/review/scriptalertall-your-base-ar

>   * Is it triggered by an “Install” action?
>   * Is it triggered by any comment made on App History?

>   * At what point can a reviewer no longer be considered “reviewing an app”?

A minute has elapsed since the page has been left.

>   * Can multiple reviewer review an app? And other tricky user permission
> questions.
> 
> 2. Can this page remember apps? Meaning, if I have reviewed an app a
> week/month/year ago, will it be listed here today?

We can, but why?

>   * If yes, is there a limit to how much or how long the system can remember
> my reviewed apps?
>   * If no—that is, if the app is gone the moment I finished reviewing
> it—will this page serve as a transient listing?
> 
> 3. This page will have a listing of apps. What happens when user taps on
> each list item?
>   * Will it open /reviewers/apps/review/appname – which is the app history
> page on Reviewer Tools

No. 

>   * Will it open /app/appname – which is the app listing page that’s
> “consumer facing”

Yes.
(In reply to Chris Van Wiemeersch [:cvan] from comment #5)
> (In reply to Bram Pitoyo [:bram] from comment #4)
> > Having a “My reviewed apps” section on Reviewer Tools sounds like a smart
> > idea. That way, we keep the “My apps” section on the consumer side of
> > Marketplace tidy and feature-focused, which I believe was also the intent of
> > bug 822684.
> > 
> > I haven’t had a chance to think about the implementation of this page yet,
> > but here are 3 design questions that I’m starting to think about, that will
> > impact the way we will build this page.
> > 
> > 1. What’s the point in time when a reviewer “begins reviewing an app”, when
> > the app starts to get listed on this page?
> 
> When you load a review detail page e.g.,
> https://marketplace-dev.allizom.org/reviewers/apps/review/scriptalertall-
> your-base-ar
> 
> >   * Is it triggered by an “Install” action?
> >   * Is it triggered by any comment made on App History?

just loading the page

> >   * At what point can a reviewer no longer be considered “reviewing an app”?
> 
> A minute has elapsed since the page has been left.
> 
> >   * Can multiple reviewer review an app? And other tricky user permission
> > questions.

multiple reviewers can open the page, so could be seen as reviewing the app.  

> > 2. Can this page remember apps? Meaning, if I have reviewed an app a
> > week/month/year ago, will it be listed here today?
> 
> We can, but why?

I'm with cvan here.  Its a 'reviewing' page, rather than a 'reviewed' history.

> >   * If yes, is there a limit to how much or how long the system can remember
> > my reviewed apps?
> >   * If no—that is, if the app is gone the moment I finished reviewing
> > it—will this page serve as a transient listing?

transient.

> > 3. This page will have a listing of apps. What happens when user taps on
> > each list item?
> >   * Will it open /reviewers/apps/review/appname – which is the app history
> > page on Reviewer Tools
> 
> No. 
> 
> >   * Will it open /app/appname – which is the app listing page that’s
> > “consumer facing”
> 
> Yes.

It would be good to have a link to both the app listing page /and/ the review page.  Although a direct install button from the page is the most efficient IMO.
(Assignee)

Updated

5 years ago
Blocks: 839539
(Assignee)

Updated

5 years ago
Duplicate of this bug: 833503
(Assignee)

Comment 8

5 years ago
https://github.com/mozilla/zamboni/commit/2d2a6e3 

This is working but may need some tweaks. Bug 833451 is what I consider the front-end changes that Davor will be working on.

If you visit /reviewers/apps/reviewing you'll see the list of apps you currently have open in other tabs.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 5 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.