1. Title : Email list Search results for ALL and SUBJECT fields are empty 2. Precondition : Email account has to be configured and some emails should be present with subject. 3. Tester's Action : Email - Open Inbox list - Select search field - enter some text which is present in the existing mail (Subject)- click on subject and All fields. 4. Detailed Symptom (ENG.) :Not listing the mails which matches the search string in Subject and All fields 5. Expected :It should populate the list of returned results matching the search in ALL and Subject fields also. 6.Reproducibility: Y 1)Frequency Rate : 100% 7.Gaia Revision: a03f7b532e9998e646d55f93a0fc03a04d7ca7d9
Please provide logcat and account type info: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Email/RequiredBugInfo Additionally, please describe the actual text string that was searched for and provide an example of the text that it was expected to match against.
Status: NEW → UNCONFIRMED
Ever confirmed: false
Issue Not reproduced in Gaia Revision: 7b8dea7e7ec377a2143151bbe5e9998d87f7b36d.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
Verified reproduceable in Unagi build 20130125070201 3/3 Dec 5th Kernel Gecko: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-b2g18/rev/94a2d6fcdfde Gaia: 6369dbf33b622faf4b4d176fed30b77c5c319dfc
Whiteboard: testrun 3
(In reply to Andrew Sutherland (:asuth) from comment #1) > Please provide logcat and account type info: > https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Email/RequiredBugInfo > > Additionally, please describe the actual text string that was searched for > and provide an example of the text that it was expected to match against.
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Ever confirmed: true
Resolution: WORKSFORME → ---
I attempted to search using the term Twitter. Searching by To returned results, as did searching by Body. Searching by Subject returned a blank page even though there are valid results to be had from the search. This is from the same device version as mlevin's.
Oops, mlevin -> mdaniloff
Inferred from the log that we must be throwing an exception that sadly is not caught and logged and it had to do with the subject. Then I remembered we normalize subjects to be null!
Assignee: nobody → bugmail
Status: REOPENED → ASSIGNED
Summary: [Email] Email list Search results for ALL and SUBJECT fields are empty → [Email] Search breaks on empty subject; visible in "subject" and "all" search filters
Created attachment 707992 [details] [review] https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia-email-libs-and-more/pull/118 Very straightforward patch. I add a test sub-case that fails without the fix. I also added a try block on the aggregating MessageFilterer that I verified logs a nice console.error message without the fix.
Attachment #707992 - Flags: review?(squibblyflabbetydoo)
Attachment #707992 - Flags: review?(squibblyflabbetydoo) → review+
landed on gaia-email-libs-and-more/master: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia-email-libs-and-more/pull/118 landed on gaia/master: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/7910
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 6 years ago → 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
blocking=tef? request: Bug 821447 improved our subject display logic for missing subjects, but either increased or introduced the problem where a message without a subject would break subject search. That bug is present on v1.0.0. We already have a fix that is now landed on master, and would like to land that. If tef+ can't be granted, we would like leo+ or approval-v1. Note that bug 835411 which is a dupe of this bug that I am going to dupe here is marked UX-P1, TEF_REQ, and PRODUCT-FIXFEATURE in the whiteboard.
blocking-b2g: --- → tef?
Depends on: 821447
Breaking email search is pretty bad, since this is a straightforward fix we'll block and get uplift to mozilla-b2g18 tip as well as mozilla-b2g18_v1_0_0
blocking-b2g: tef? → tef+
status-b2g18: --- → affected
status-b2g18-v1.0.0: --- → affected
v1-train: 5f97bb66a70e0e61b1604f2572dc88cbbc140a10 v1.0.0: c4589884c89f724ba0f72107968d4111d4a9f1b2
status-b2g18: affected → fixed
status-b2g18-v1.0.0: affected → fixed
Build ID: 201302014070203 Kernel: Dec 5 Gecko: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-b2g18_v1_0_1/rev/d1288313218e Gaia: 6544fdb8dddc56f1aefe94482402488c89eeec49 Verified on "Unagi" This bug no longer reproduces.
Verified fixed on Unagi: Unagi Build ID: 20130322070203 Kernel Date: Dec 5 Gecko: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-b2g18_v1_0_1/rev/4931ec89ebbe Gaia: 85fd164691bb852f1cfaf82405df4380629ced6e
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Attachment mime type: text/plain → text/x-github-pull-request
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.