Closed Bug 838605 Opened 8 years ago Closed 7 years ago

[CONTACTS][FACEBOOK] Inconsistent notification of the number of Facebook friends available to import

Categories

(Firefox OS Graveyard :: Gaia::Contacts, defect)

x86
macOS
defect
Not set
normal

Tracking

(blocking-b2g:1.4+, b2g-v1.4 verified)

VERIFIED FIXED
1.4 S3 (14mar)
blocking-b2g 1.4+
Tracking Status
b2g-v1.4 --- verified

People

(Reporter: maat, Assigned: jmcf)

References

Details

(Whiteboard: interaction [UX-P2], [TEF_REQ])

Attachments

(6 files)

[CONTACTS][FACEBOOK] Inconsistent notification of the number of Facebook friends available to import

**DESCRIPTION**
Inconsistent notification of the number of Facebook friends available to import

i suspect that this is related to Bug 837726 but this bug is raised to specifically highlight that the number of friends available to import is presented inconsistently.

**PATH**
to set the context for this test i am connected to 145 people in Facebook and non are deactivated

1) open an empty contact list
2) select the settings icon in the top right hand corner of the screen
3) select Facebook not enables yet
4) log into Facebook
5) select all contacts to be imported
6) select import
7) observe the total number of friends to be imported during import (in my case 139 refer to screenshot 01)
8) once import is completed select the settings icon in the top right hand corner of the contact list and observe the total number of friends available to import (in my cace 145 refer to screenshot 02) 
9) select the 'update imported friends' CTA
10) Observe the statement 'All your friends are imported' at the top of the Facebook Friends list.
11) scroll the Facebook Friends list and note that all the friends listed are selected
12) select the X in the top left hand corner of the Facebook Friends list
13) observe the total number of friends available to import is now different (in my case 139 refer to screenshot 03)
14) select the 'update imported friends' CTA
15) select 'Deselect all'
16) select 'update'
17) observe the total number of friends to be updated during import (in my case 139 refer to screenshot 04)
18) once the update is completed select the settings icon in the top right hand corner of the contact list and observe the total number of friends available to import (in my cace 145 refer to screenshot 05) 

**EXPECTED**
in all instances where the number of friends available to import from Facebook is presented the number will be consistent

**ACTUAL**
there is inconsistency in the number of friends available to import from Facebook in different instances where the number is presented.
Whiteboard: interaction [UX-P2], [TEF_REQ]
Duplicate of this bug: 970899
blocking-b2g: --- → 1.3?
At triage we agreed that this would not block release 1.3.

Moving to 1.4 for radar.
blocking-b2g: 1.3? → 1.4?
let's block on it to definitely fix it
blocking-b2g: 1.4? → 1.4+
(In reply to David Scravaglieri [:scravag] from comment #8)
> let's block on it to definitely fix it

We will try to fix it but it depends on a fix from FB. We will get in touch with FB and try to get it fixed ...
Assignee: nobody → jmcf
Attached file 16987.html
Attachment #8387526 - Flags: review?(crdlc)
Duplicate of this bug: 831026
Attachment #8387526 - Flags: review?(francisco.jordano)
Attachment #8387526 - Flags: review?(crdlc)
Attachment #8387526 - Flags: feedback?(crdlc)
Thx! Don't forget the unit test so we can mark it as intest-suite :)
Comment on attachment 8387526 [details]
16987.html

LGTM, I gave some comments on Github without high importance. Good job
Attachment #8387526 - Flags: feedback?(crdlc) → feedback+
Can we add tests for this patch?
Flags: needinfo?(jmcf)
Yes, of course, now are done, waiting for your review

thanks!
Flags: needinfo?(jmcf)
Comment on attachment 8387526 [details]
16987.html

Great work, please take a look to the unit tests in travis, seems right now are failing cause of this PR.

Merge once travis is ok :)
Attachment #8387526 - Flags: review?(francisco.jordano) → review+
landed in master:

https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/commit/64baeca8296fd51f0d438a779ee040e0ee8d6dd2
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 7 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Flags: in-testsuite+
Keywords: verifyme
Target Milestone: --- → 1.4 S3 (14mar)
Tested and working
Hamachi
Build ID: 20140313071526
Git commit: b5d0f9b0
Platform version: 30.0a1
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
1.4 Environmental Variables:
Device: Buri 1.4 MOZ
BuildID: 20140527000202
Gaia: 0542778892a294d224e75af4a76be5d42938bc90
Gecko: d583ae109f54
Version: 30.0
Firmware Version: v1.2-device.cfg

1.4: 212 of 214 contacts consistently appear, same 2 contacts do not appear throughout entire process.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.