Closed Bug 847724 Opened 8 years ago Closed 8 years ago

Marionette keep getting disabled

Categories

(Firefox OS Graveyard :: Gaia, defect)

x86_64
Linux
defect
Not set
normal

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED INVALID

People

(Reporter: hub, Unassigned)

Details

My eng build of v1-train keep disabling Marionette.

Target is Unagi.

I nuked out, gaia/profile and I rebuilt and reflashed the phone. I still have to enable the remote debugger to get adb and this is not compatible with marionette.

Here is a grep for all the instances of the prefs in the source code AND build after doing a ./build.sh

% grep -r marionette.defaultPrefs.enabled  .
./gecko/b2g/app/b2g.js:pref("marionette.defaultPrefs.enabled", true);
./gecko/b2g/chrome/content/settings.js:    if (Services.prefs.getBoolPref('marionette.defaultPrefs.enabled')) {
Binary file ./gecko/testing/marionette/client/marionette/geckoinstance.pyc matches
./gecko/testing/marionette/client/marionette/geckoinstance.py:            prefs = {"marionette.defaultPrefs.enabled": True,
./gecko/testing/marionette/components/marionettecomponent.js:const MARIONETTE_ENABLED_PREF = 'marionette.defaultPrefs.enabled';
./objdir-gecko/dist/bin/defaults/pref/b2g.js:pref("marionette.defaultPrefs.enabled", true);
./objdir-gecko/dist/bin/chrome/chrome/content/settings.js:    if (Services.prefs.getBoolPref('marionette.defaultPrefs.enabled')) {
./objdir-gecko/dist/bin/components/marionettecomponent.js:const MARIONETTE_ENABLED_PREF = 'marionette.defaultPrefs.enabled';
./gaia/profile/user.js:user_pref("marionette.defaultPrefs.enabled", false);
./gaia/build/preferences.js:  prefs.push(["marionette.defaultPrefs.enabled", true]);
./gaia/build/custom-prefs.js:user_pref("marionette.defaultPrefs.enabled", false);
Binary file ./out/target/product/unagi/obj/PACKAGING/systemimage_intermediates/system.img matches
Binary file ./out/target/product/unagi/system.img matches
./out/target/product/unagi/system/b2g/defaults/pref/user.js:pref("marionette.defaultPrefs.enabled", false);
Blocks: 840612
OK, there was a stale ./gaia/build/custom-prefs.js. Removing it manually seems to solve the problem.
No longer blocks: 840612
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
Cool - glad to see you figured this out.
But it is annoying that it was not obvious :-(
The root of the problem is that .gitignore in gaia contains /build/custom-prefs.js therefor hiding it.
Component: General → Gaia
One thing I did for stuff like this at a previous company, was that when we merged multiple files (in this case a bunch of *.js files) we included a comment in the generated file indicating what the source for each option was.

That made it alot easier to track down problems like this.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.