Today I am experiencing sustained 100% cpu usage and memory growth that consumes my machine. It takes around an hour to get to that state based on my last restart. about:memory?verbose shows me: 2,240,116,131 B (100.0%) -- explicit ├──1,819,527,043 B (81.22%) ── heap-unclassified ├────171,815,384 B (07.67%) -- window-objects with no site taking any significant amount of memory. Within the past hour, I didn't load many tabs at all. I do have a social provider loaded, though the provider is not showing up using memory. Even after the restart to enter this bug, within a few minutes I'm at 100% cpu and 1.2GB. I'm going to disable a bunch of stuff to see what happens. otherwise, I'm not sure about how to best dig into this.
heh, I don't know that this is socialapi, just used my default new-bug link.
Component: SocialAPI → General
> regression tied to bug 854763 Extremely unlikely. My first guess would be hardware acceleration -- try setting layers.acceleration.disabled to true in about:config. You could also try DMD to diagnose the heap-unclassified: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Performance/MemShrink/DMD.
Whiteboard: [MemShrink] → [MemShrink:P3]
Both memory and cpu use seems to have settled down after I disabled a few addons I didn't need, two which had fairly old versions of jetpack.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → INCOMPLETE
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.