* What do we want to program in here? * Should this be a Maker Party 2013 announcement?
* Paula says she now is unable to do a presentation on Make Things Do Stuff for April 22 * Proposal: Let's do a lightning presentation on Maker Party 2013 instead * a quick stand-up or lightning presentation -- don't think we'll have time to do a video presentation (and we did one of those last week) * would be good to get Merkley or Surman to deliver it, if possible. I can do it as back-up, if not. * @ Ryan: are you available to present this on Monday, if Erica and I provide the talking points and content?
Or maybe Chris Lawrence or Michelle can present -- Matt can you ask?
* @ Michelle & Chris: are you guys cool to present for 2 or 3 minutes on Monday? * We can work out talking points and slides together here in NY
* First draft slide presentation now completed here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1i_bBHhAM7GeG2rNRPThwNssESPL1t-9d2d3sfQygW00/edit?usp=sharing * uses new talking points drafted here. + a bit of Mozillian-specific context https://etherpad.mozilla.org/Maker-Party-messaging
* @ Chris L, Michelle and Erica: can you review from copy / content persepective? * Chris A: can you review and edit from design assets / visual language perspective? * Please feel free to make edits directly to the Google Pres
sorry it took me so long to get to this. Overall I think it looks good, I'd just add something upfront that explains exactly WHAT it is. I've been using this bullet, from the WH talking Points: https://mofocomms.etherpad.mozilla.org/WHLaunchTalkingPoints This summer we're partnering with the National Writing Project to throw a global party, celebrating all the amazing things we can make and learn thanks to the web. We'll be holding thousands of events all across the world, and partnering with anyone who wants to join in. More than 40 organizations have already joined the party, including Amazon, Intel, Sesame Workshop, DIY.org, Black Girls Code and more. Go to www.webmaker.org/party to join, or for more information. The Web might be the most powerful force for communication and creation in human history, but too few know that they can take control of it. We're becoming a society of consumers, but we're missing our potential to become creators. Once we look under the hood, we realize that we can shape and improve the world in any way we choose. The web and the world, are ours to make. Go to www.webmaker.org/party to find out more, sign up to hold an event, become a partner, or just join the party. Otherwise great.
* Making edits to this now * Will also include a CTA to tweet about us launching the summer campaign at the White House. * @ Michelle: are you still ok to present this today? via Vidyo, I assume? You can connect w. J Lin for any technical / AV issues. And will need to dial in 15 mins early, minimum, for AV check
Yes, I'm set for this. Thanks for preparing the slides. Will dial in 15min before with Vidyo. Matt, want to connect before then to talk through the slides and anything else? // m
* I've update the slide deck * Michelle: new first slide. We need to start with the fact that Mark Surman is at the White House today, and that President Obama is helping to announce our new summer learning campaign * see this pad for talking points there: https://mofocomms.etherpad.mozilla.org/WHLaunchTalkingPoints
* I'll try to pull a new image or potential quote once the event starts streaming live at 11:30am
@ Chris Appleton: any chance you can take a quick graphic design pass on this presentation, making edits live to the Google pres? https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1i_bBHhAM7GeG2rNRPThwNssESPL1t-9d2d3sfQygW00/edit?usp=sharing