Icaaq did some nice work refactoring tabzilla to use tab/tabpanel for better accessibility.
Commit pushed to master at https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock/commit/48c21dd871a93fa58e31ebff36e7652f0ea9b0aa Bug 868075 - Improve a11y of tabzilla with tab/tabpanel
already on kanban board. thanks icaaq and steven!
Please bring back Tabzilla.opened and Tabzilla.closed in the js. We use this toggle the Tabzilla dropdown for selenium testing. Our tests are failing on dev right now due to this pull request being merged.
Can we fix the tests?
(In reply to Paul McLanahan [:pmac] from comment #4) > Can we fix the tests? Pmac I can. Toggling the dropdown using JS would be best for testing because without it I would have to use waits in Selenium which ends up giving ups flaky tests
I can fix those Tabzilla calls, but I would like to rename them to Tabzilla.close() and Tabzilla.open(). I can make the old calls call the new one and leave a console.warn("This call is soon going to be deprecated, please replace it with Tabzilla.open() instead."); ok?
PR submitted here https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock/pull/825
Commits pushed to master at https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock/commit/01cee53d2adbd56c8ba51de4e6fb92ad98a2b866 Bug 868075 - adds public open and close calls to Tabzilla https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock/commit/bfb4a533162784cc0b43f0f977ba25959482a521 Merge pull request #825 from icaaq/public-tabzilla-functions Bug 868075 - add public open and close calls to Tabzilla
This did not fix the tests. Apparently the old "opened" and "closed" methods were more for discovering the state of the tabzilla pane instead of changing it. The test doesn't look too difficult to change, but I'd have to resarch how these test methods work. https://github.com/mozilla/mcom-tests/blob/master/pages/desktop/base.py#L105
(In reply to Paul McLanahan [:pmac] from comment #9) > This did not fix the tests. Apparently the old "opened" and "closed" methods > were more for discovering the state of the tabzilla pane instead of changing > it. The test doesn't look too difficult to change, but I'd have to resarch > how these test methods work. > > https://github.com/mozilla/mcom-tests/blob/master/pages/desktop/base.py#L105 fixed in https://github.com/mozilla/mcom-tests/pull/188/files . The tests were failing due to the adding of new div's under the ul element for Tabzilla
Sorry for the bugspam -- the Target Milestore was set unexpectedly.