When a new app is uploaded and the app has a prior version that is approved but waiting, the new version should appear in the updated queue.
What happens when the dev has 2 approved but waiting versions is another question. See bug 867570.
When following those steps, I don't see the app in any queue. At all.
Here is what I did:
- Uploaded v1
- Reviewed it, but changing the requirements, making the version approved but waiting
- Uploaded v2
- v2 never showed up in any review queue but it's shown as pending approval in the devhub
However, if as a dev I make the app public, it correctly swiches v1 to public and then v2, still pending approval is correctly sent to the reviewers queue.
I can try to fix that behaviour and make sure we always sent in the to update queue, but since you mentioned "wrong queue" I want to make sure what I'm seeing is coherent with what you had. Is it ? :)
I can reproduce using the steps in comment 1 on -dev. Attempted both using an app where I chose delayed publishing on submission and for an app where I deselected a device so got delayed publishing just for that version. In both cases the app showed up in the main submission queue.
I'll retry and fix.
I note that for both of them the statuses of the APP is pending approval, not approved but waiting. But after the first review the status is correct. So I would therefore assume the problem is in the submission code - its resetting the status to pending approval if its approved but waiting.
Fixed in https://github.com/mozilla/zamboni/commit/fcb96aeb62a379a6923c0c00268c0d03087c0217
Steps to reproduce:
- Upload a packaged app
- Review it, but changing the requirements, making the app 'approved but waiting'
- Back in the developer pages, don't make the app public, instead upload a new version
- The app should still be shown as 'approved but is not public' in the developer status page, with one version 'Pending approval' and the other 'Approved but waiting'.
- The app should show in the updates queue in the reviewer tools
(In reply to Mathieu Pillard [:mat] from comment #5)
> Fixed in
> Steps to reproduce:
> - Upload a packaged app
> - Review it, but changing the requirements, making the app 'approved but
> - Back in the developer pages, don't make the app public, instead upload a
> new version
> - The app should still be shown as 'approved but is not public' in the
> developer status page, with one version 'Pending approval' and the other
> 'Approved but waiting'.
> - The app should show in the updates queue in the reviewer tools
I followed your steps, the app is correctly displayed with both version in developer status page, but I was not able to verify last step because of bug 894394
Verified as fixed last step too : http://screencast.com/t/XMYTMr8G