while make with $ HIDPI=1 DEBUG=1 make and start firefox nightly with $ /Application/firefox -profile /user_path/gaia/profile Homescreen can not be opened as usual.
I found in Makefile:'profile/settings.json' section It run python build/settings.py twice to generate settings.json I think the first one is redundant. Is there any particular reason to do that?
Created attachment 749677 [details] pull request redirect to github The --hidpi not pass param to settings.py, which cause weird result that can't be parsed correctly. remove it because pass correspondent --wallpaper to settings.py is sufficient to do the HIDPI work in settings.py
merged to master-gaia c51c8b38558fd82216ef8220368bd63cefc50322 thanks!
It seems that the root cause is that there is an extra ":" before $(GAIA_PORT)? == ifeq ($(DEBUG),1) SETTINGS_ARG += --homescreen=http://homescreen.$(GAIA_DOMAIN):$(GAIA_PORT)/manifest.webapp endif == This issue would only occur when trying to run the following line, because "--homescreen" would be regarded as the parameter for "--hidpi", which will not override the settings in $(SETTINGS_ARG). "python build/settings.py $(SETTINGS_ARG) --hidpi --homescreen $(SCHEME)homescreen.$(GAIA_DOMAIN)$(GAIA_PORT)/manifest.webapp"
I think remove ':' as $(GAIA_DOMAIN)$(GAIA_PORT) will lead to address like 'http://192.168.1.18080' instead of 'http://192.168.1.1:8080', which is not the correct URL
However, the default for GAIA_PORT is defined with ":", GAIA_PORT?=:8080 That's why we got an extra ":" here, i.e., SETTINGS_ARG += --homescreen=http://homescreen..gaiamobile.org::8080/manifest.webapp Thanks.
Rudy, Nice catch! Though the current patch works and it might not worth to fire another issue to solve that independently. needinfo? kevin, would you mind give a favor to remove ':'$(GAIA_PORT) described in comment 6 while you do other desktop-helper change?
nominate to upport preview screen in nightly need uplift this patch to HD branch
Created attachment 765190 [details] Github pull request pointer I was curious so was poking around. Not sure if you still need this, but here's a pull request anyway.
Created attachment 765193 [details] Pointer to Github pull request: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/10497 Pointer to Github pull-request
Comment on attachment 765190 [details] Github pull request pointer kevin thanks for the favor, originally I'd expect its a minor issue that not need to fix independently.
True, but I'm sure we would've forgotten about it :) Landed in master here: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/commit/dbc7647607166ae731c55a7d4c2bc878e0dfb231
Just check v1.1.0hd Makefile, it has changed to GAIA_DEV_PIXELS_PER_PX base, so its not relevant to this issue though