Translated articles not linked to original version

RESOLVED INVALID

Status

developer.mozilla.org
Localization
P1
normal
RESOLVED INVALID
5 years ago
5 years ago

People

(Reporter: Thierry Régagnon, Unassigned)

Tracking

Details

Attachments

(1 attachment)

(Reporter)

Description

5 years ago
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
Build ID: 20130326150557

Steps to reproduce:

I have been to these pages: 
https://developer.mozilla.org/fr/docs/HTML/Element/a
https://developer.mozilla.org/fr/docs/HTML/Element/b
https://developer.mozilla.org/fr/docs/HTML/Element/datalist


Actual results:

There is no "Languages" menu on these pages. They are not linked to the original English version.


Expected results:

They should be linked to the original English version.
I tried to update them, but I wasn't able to do so with the UI we have. I got an Internal Server Error.
Assignee: eshepherd → nobody
Component: General → Localization
Product: Developer Documentation → Mozilla Developer Network
We need this fixed as soon as possible.
Priority: -- → P1
See also bug 802041. Not quite a dupe but we might fix both at the same time.
Oddly enough, I *believe* this should have been fixed with this:

https://github.com/mozilla/kuma/commit/6879b3f8bb8e2ec4631538a09efb20737e62d80c

We'll have to see why "show_translation_parent_block" isn't always displaying.

Comment 5

5 years ago
If it can help, I did a crawl to see "where" the issue could be : 
http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s1260575/crawl_page/orphan_pages.html (this is only valid for detecting if there is a missing link fr->en-US among fr pages)
Created attachment 760550 [details]
Translate Page Parent
The attachment above shows how to set the translation parent; this is a documentation issue, no new feature should be needed.
Like Luke says, this is *kind of* a dupe of 802041; will see what I can do.

Comment 9

5 years ago
(In reply to Thierry Régagnon from comment #0)

I've fixed 2 pages:
  https://developer.mozilla.org/fr/docs/HTML/Element/a
  https://developer.mozilla.org/fr/docs/HTML/Element/b

But it is impossible to fix this page:
  https://developer.mozilla.org/fr/docs/HTML/Element/datalist


Because following page have wrong data:
  https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/a

See drop-down menu. There is a link to a different French page.

Comment 10

5 years ago
Sorry, I wrote lies.

I've fix <detail> and <b>.
Problem is in <a> (en-US).
(Reporter)

Comment 11

5 years ago
(In reply to ghost@ethertank.jp from comment #10)

Thanks Ethertank, that is great. <b> and <datalist> are now fine.

You are right, the English article for <a>, links to a wrong French URL. It sends users to https://developer.mozilla.org/fr/docs/Web/HTML/Element/
They are then redirected to https://developer.mozilla.org/fr/docs/Web/HTML/Element
(Reporter)

Comment 12

5 years ago
(In reply to David Walsh :davidwalsh from comment #7)

Yes, there is the "Set translation source" interface on the French article. But as the English article is linked to a wrong French URL, we can't set the source. We get a server error instead.
I've fixed the translation source(s) for fr/docs/Web/HTML/Element and fr/docs/Web/HTML/Element/a
(Reporter)

Comment 14

5 years ago
(In reply to Luke Crouch [:groovecoder] from comment #13)

Thanks Luke. With your fix, this bug can now be closed. :)

Thank you all for your help!
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 5 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.