* Matt T is working on this here: * Need to get a quick first draft to partners by June 19
* First rough draft is here: https://mofocomms.etherpad.mozilla.org/IgniteBlogPost * Erica S: can you have a look? Turning the winners into compelling stories is a tough challenge * This CNET article helps: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57589753-93/fast-fiber-apps-coming-at-70-percent-the-speed-of-light/
* Will has sent to NSF and partners for review as well
* @ Will: can you confirm which is the correct number for us to use in terms of: ** the NUMBER of winners we are announcing Tuesday (is it 14, or 22?) ** the amount of MONEY they are receiving as prize?
* final blockers on this: * @ Will: need you to review the list of 22 winners at the end. A couple are missing. * @ Erica: can you review?
The list of 22 winners is updated; includes project page link, latest pitch video link, and total funding awarded.
I left my notes in the pad -- overall looks really good!
@ Will: can you fact check / confirm that 1 gigabit per second is approximately 70% of the speed of light? Don't want to make that claim in error
@ Erica: I incorporated your edits: https://mofocomms.etherpad.mozilla.org/IgniteBlogPost * @ Will: we need to clear the following final blockers to ship this: 1) FACT CHECK: "Gigabit fiber is now able to move data at about 70% of the speed of light," 2) Include a quote from NSF. Which Erica and I will hopefully get from Lisa in our meeting w. her this morning 3) Identify speakers. Need you to identify the speakers for the highlighted quotes.
1) Currently fiber optics are limited to link propagation speeds of about 69% of the speed of light. Though this group proposes a way to have hollow tube fiber optic cables that get 99.7% speed of light. So we're going to have to do all of this cable laying again in a few years. ;) http://www.nature.com/nphoton/journal/v7/n4/full/nphoton.2013.45.html 2) I'm having dinner with Suzi and Farnam tonight, let me know if you still need me to grab a quote from one of them. 3) Speakers identified. I'll try to get a quote from Glenn Ricart, CTO of US Ignite, as well. Text or call my cell for urgent stuff: 858-736-5156
Summary: Draft Mozilla blog post for Ignite winners → MOZILLA BLOG: publish Mozilla blog post for Ignite winners
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Component: Marketing → General
Product: Webmaker → Webmaker
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.