LDAP Auto-complete in email stopped working in 0.9.2

VERIFIED WORKSFORME

Status

--
major
VERIFIED WORKSFORME
18 years ago
10 years ago

People

(Reporter: brianclark44, Assigned: srilatha)

Tracking

Trunk
PowerPC
Mac System 9.x

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

18 years ago
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; rv:0.9.2) Gecko/20010629
BuildID:    2001062823

I had LDAP Auto-complete working fine in Mozilla 0.9.1.  It pulled addresses
from my LDAP directory and displayed for me to choose.  There was a problem
selecting them, but that is another bug.  

Now, in 0.9.2, I cannot get it to work.  I have my LDAP directory configured in
Mozilla 0.9.2 just like I had it in 0.9.1.  I have even tried deleting the
directory and creating it again.  No luck.  

Reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Configure the Mail component to use a Directory to look-up email address, in
addition to the Address Book, exactly as you have done with version 0.9.1.
2.Try doing Auto-complete.
3.It doesn't work.

Comment 1

18 years ago
0.9.2 works for me on Mac!

Could you provide the detail settings for us to try?
(Reporter)

Comment 2

18 years ago
After more testing, It does work. It seems that my search filter that worked in
0.9.1 does not work with 0.9.2.  In 0.9.1, I had my search filter set to
"objectclass=inetLocalMailRecipient".  That worked fine, or at least it seemed
to.  Mozilla could have been more lenient on the syntax of the search filter in
0.9.1.  In 0.9.2, I found that I had to wrap the search filter in parentheses
like this "(objectclass=inetLocalMailRecipient)".  Once I did this, it worked
fine.  

In testing this originally, I did not realize that I had to quit and restart
Mozilla after each change to the Directory settings to make them take effect.  I
don't believe that this was the case in 0.9.1.

This search filter syntax feature seems to be the same on Windows 2000 as well.
I just tested it.   

Comment 3

18 years ago
Parentheses problem was reporpted in bug 86144.
Changing settings problem was fixed in 0.9.2.

If you have any more problem, you can reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 18 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME

Comment 4

18 years ago
Verified with 20010713 branch build.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Product: MailNews → Core
Product: Core → MailNews Core
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.