[MMS] Default value of the Retrieval mode should be set based on the operator enabled

RESOLVED WORKSFORME

Status

Firefox OS
Gaia::SMS
P2
major
RESOLVED WORKSFORME
4 years ago
4 years ago

People

(Reporter: Leo, Assigned: steveck)

Tracking

unspecified
1.1 QE4 (15jul)
ARM
Gonk (Firefox OS)

Firefox Tracking Flags

(blocking-b2g:leo+)

Details

(Whiteboard: [u=commsapps-user c=messaging p=1])

(Reporter)

Description

4 years ago
1. Title: Default value of the Retrieval mode should be set based on the operator enabled
2. Precondition: There are different default setting values for different operators
3. Detailed Symptom (ENG.) : The default value of the retrival mode should be set based on the operator enabled
(Reporter)

Updated

4 years ago
blocking-b2g: --- → leo+
Blocks: 744684
(Reporter)

Updated

4 years ago
Target Milestone: --- → 1.1 QE4 (15jul)
Ni? Dietrich so this can be prioritized in the work week this week.
Flags: needinfo?(dietrich)
(Assignee)

Updated

4 years ago
Assignee: nobody → schung
This has nothing to do with the Gecko end.
No longer blocks: 744684
(Reporter)

Updated

4 years ago
Priority: -- → P2
Whiteboard: [u=commsapps-user c=messaging p=0]
(Assignee)

Comment 3

4 years ago
Hi Leo,
If you want to set the Retrieval mode at the build time , please refer https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/MarketCustomizations. You can add your perfer retrieval mode in customizations assets.
Flags: needinfo?(leo.bugzilla.gaia)
Whiteboard: [u=commsapps-user c=messaging p=0] → [u=commsapps-user c=messaging p=1]
(Assignee)

Comment 4

4 years ago
Hi Beatriz, could you provide the APN information for setup mms retrieval mode? Thanks
Flags: needinfo?(brg)
Hi Steve, First I want to be sure that I can understand what the "retrieval mode" is. Is it the value of the setting included in: Settings ->Cellular& Data -> Message settings -> "Auto retrieve"
?
Are you talking about a different thing?
According to comment 3, it looks like it can be modified at build time which is not related to the APN information, am I right?
Sorry for asking so many things :-(
Flags: needinfo?(brg)
As per above comment, ni to Steve
Flags: needinfo?(schung)
(Assignee)

Comment 7

4 years ago
(In reply to Beatriz Rodríguez [:brg] from comment #5)
> Hi Steve, First I want to be sure that I can understand what the "retrieval
> mode" is. Is it the value of the setting included in: Settings ->Cellular&
> Data -> Message settings -> "Auto retrieve"
> ?
Yes, We have 'manual', 'auto-home' and 'auto' for retrieval mode here.

> Are you talking about a different thing?
> According to comment 3, it looks like it can be modified at build time which
> is not related to the APN information, am I right?
> Sorry for asking so many things :-(

Yes, it's 2 different implementation, but I'm not sure which one is your(or leo's) preferable solution. Gecko developer says some apn might have their default retrieval mode. Just want to make whether we should make it configurable in build time or in apn settings? Thanks.
Flags: needinfo?(schung) → needinfo?(brg)
(Reporter)

Comment 8

4 years ago
We found the information
Thanks.
Flags: needinfo?(leo.bugzilla.gaia)
(In reply to Steve Chung from comment #7)
> (In reply to Beatriz Rodríguez [:brg] from comment #5)
> > Are you talking about a different thing?
> > According to comment 3, it looks like it can be modified at build time which
> > is not related to the APN information, am I right?
> > Sorry for asking so many things :-(
> 
> Yes, it's 2 different implementation, but I'm not sure which one is your(or
> leo's) preferable solution. Gecko developer says some apn might have their
> default retrieval mode. Just want to make whether we should make it
> configurable in build time or in apn settings? Thanks.
IMHO, in build time is enough because we need the same behaviour across our countries: Automatic download in home network ON.

However, if you choose the apn option, we can find the way to fit it in our requirements. no problem.
Please let us know which is the option you will implement. Thanks.
Flags: needinfo?(brg)
(Assignee)

Comment 10

4 years ago
Per discussion with partner, we agree that set the retrieval mode during build time is enough for now. According to comment 3, there should be no gaia/gecko change here(having the Customization folder with correct key:value pair like "ril.mms.retrieval_mode": "manual" / "automatic-home" / "automatic" in settings.json should work). Please reopen it if the MarketCustomizations could not work, thanks.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 4 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
(In reply to Steve Chung from comment #10)
> Per discussion with partner, we agree that set the retrieval mode during
> build time is enough for now. According to comment 3, there should be no
> gaia/gecko change here(having the Customization folder with correct
> key:value pair like "ril.mms.retrieval_mode": "manual" / "automatic-home" /
> "automatic" in settings.json should work). Please reopen it if the
> MarketCustomizations could not work, thanks.

Thanks, work for us with "automatic-home"!
Flags: needinfo?(dietrich)
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.