Created attachment 823062 [details] 2013-10-27-15-19-57.png Description: "Unblock PIN2 change" is truncated in the header. This occurs when trying to unlock the PIN2 through the dialer. Repro Steps: 1) Updated Buri to Build ID: 20131025004000 2) Tap on the "Dialer" icon. 3) Input **052*PIN2_UNBLOCKING_KEY*NEW_PIN2*NEW_PIN2# into the Dialer. 4) Press the green Dialer button. 5) Look at the header. Actual: The string "Unblock PIN2 change" is truncated in the header. Expected: The string is not truncated. Environmental Variables Device: Buri v 1.2.0 COM RIL Build ID: 20131025004000 Gecko: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-aurora/rev/5eabd267ef04 Gaia: 606517ceafe0950c2b89822d5f13353743334f2c Platform Version: 26.0a2 RIL Version: 01.02.00.019.082 Notes: Repro frequency: 100% See attached: screenshot
Adding Thanos to see if he can find a workaround for this. If not, Thanos please need info the FirefoxOS UX team at firstname.lastname@example.org in this bug and ask them if they can help out with this! thanks
The English string in the title is "Unblock PIN2". The translation ("Απεμπλοκή PIN2") can't be any shorter unless we drop a word. It's just 2 chars longer. A workaround would be to change the right button translation to something shorter: "Send" (I guess that's the original) -> "Εισαγωγή" -> "OK" But I can't even find where the button gets the translation from. Unless it's apps/communications/ftu/ftu.properties:send=Εισαγωγή so it can't be changed easily. Asking for UX advice.
Flagging Eric to advise on layout, though I'm not sure we'll be able to help in terms of where the string hails from and is used.
Flags: needinfo?(firefoxos-ux-bugzilla) → needinfo?(epang)
FWIW, I looked on transvision and found that it was under apps ⊃ communications ⊃ dialer ⊃ dialer.properties scPuk2: http://bit.ly/1a83Snl
Delphine, I was asking about the disabled button on the right of the title.
Created attachment 829823 [details] example 1.6rem I've just tested and if I change https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/blob/v1.2/shared/style/headers.css#L28 from 2.5 to 1.6 rem as it proposed in bug 908300 then it fits. As the described procedure doesn't work on greek careers, I have changed other MMI service header and took the attached screenshot.
Hi Alfredos, looks like only 2 characters are cut off. So I think we can fix this with using the space the ellipses is using again. Thanks!
Yes only two characters are missing that can probably fit into the ellipses space.
We've stopped shipping Firefox OS for phones. Thus resolving this as WONTFIX.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 3 years ago
Resolution: --- → WONTFIX
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.