[settings] "Cell broadcast" always in English, wrong entity (callBroadcast vs. cellBroadcast)

RESOLVED FIXED

Status

Firefox OS
Gaia::Settings
RESOLVED FIXED
5 years ago
5 years ago

People

(Reporter: aryx, Assigned: flod)

Tracking

({l12y})

unspecified
ARM
Gonk (Firefox OS)

Firefox Tracking Flags

(blocking-b2g:koi+, b2g-v1.2 fixed)

Details

Attachments

(1 attachment)

Boot2Gecko 1.2.0.0-prerelease 20131120224415 on Keon

Settings > Messaging settings > On the bottom: "Cell broadcast"

This label is always in English because the data-l10n-id used in https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/blob/v1.2/apps/settings/elements/messaging.html#L61 is "callBroadcast", but "cellBroadcast" is used in https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/blob/v1.2/apps/settings/locales/settings.en-US.properties#L175
(Assignee)

Comment 1

5 years ago
Missed this one, I'm keeping the English string so I didn't notice it :-\
Depends on: 927486
(Assignee)

Updated

5 years ago
Assignee: nobody → francesco.lodolo
(Assignee)

Comment 2

5 years ago
Created attachment 8336587 [details]
Pointer to Github pull request: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/13939/files

Pointer to Github pull-request
(Assignee)

Updated

5 years ago
Attachment #8336587 - Flags: review?(arthur.chen)
Attachment #8336587 - Flags: review?(arthur.chen) → review+
(Assignee)

Comment 3

5 years ago
Sorry, I always for to say that I need someone to merge this, no access on Gaia.
(Assignee)

Updated

5 years ago
Keywords: checkin-needed
Thanks, Francesco.

master: e42fdf6a6b77038b0a2cd46b9193378d84794c20
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 5 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Keywords: checkin-needed
blocking-b2g: koi? → koi+
I was not able to uplift this bug to v1.2.  If this bug has dependencies which are not marked in this bug, please comment on this bug.  If this bug depends on patches that aren't approved for v1.2, we need to re-evaluate the approval.  Otherwise, if this is just a merge conflict, you might be able to resolve it with:

  git checkout v1.2
  git cherry-pick -x -m1 e42fdf6a6b77038b0a2cd46b9193378d84794c20
  <RESOLVE MERGE CONFLICTS>
  git commit
Flags: needinfo?(francesco.lodolo)
(Assignee)

Comment 6

5 years ago
(In reply to John Ford [:jhford] -- please use 'needinfo?' instead of a CC from comment #5)
> I was not able to uplift this bug to v1.2.  If this bug has dependencies
> which are not marked in this bug, please comment on this bug.  If this bug
> depends on patches that aren't approved for v1.2, we need to re-evaluate the
> approval.  Otherwise, if this is just a merge conflict, you might be able to
> resolve it with:
> 
>   git checkout v1.2
>   git cherry-pick -x -m1 e42fdf6a6b77038b0a2cd46b9193378d84794c20
>   <RESOLVE MERGE CONFLICTS>
>   git commit

Sorry but I need some guidance here. 

I've checked and the HTML structure is slightly different, but the fix is easy to adapt. I tried the instructions locally but I can't push to gaia (should I push to v1.2 on my fork? Create a new PR specific for 1.2?)
Flags: needinfo?(francesco.lodolo)
(Assignee)

Comment 7

5 years ago
This is the result of merge conflict on 1.2 on a branch in my fork
https://github.com/flodolo/gaia/commit/6bbfacad38fe07acd85a1e451a5a2e395e871801

No idea how to proceed from here
Hi Francesco, I've uplifted it to v1.2.

v1.2: 185f3fac33c5bdbdbca0a22c0696c88cf31a67f7
status-b2g-v1.2: --- → fixed
(Assignee)

Comment 9

5 years ago
Thank you very much Arthur, first time I was in this situation and no idea how to move.
We can pull the latest code from the branch (v1.2 in this case) and resolve the conflicts as comment 5 suggested. And then push it directly to the branch.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.