Missing separate option for Ringtones & Notifications Volume

RESOLVED WONTFIX

Status

Firefox OS
Gaia::Settings
RESOLVED WONTFIX
5 years ago
2 months ago

People

(Reporter: Svetlana A. Tkachenko, Unassigned)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

5 years ago
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0 SeaMonkey/2.17 (Beta/Release)
Build ID: 20130403195639

Steps to reproduce:

1) Want to disable notifications sound while having loud sound for incoming calls.


Actual results:

1) Found one setting: "ring and notify volume"


Expected results:

2) Found two settings: "ring volume", "notify volume"
(Reporter)

Updated

5 years ago
Status: NEW → UNCONFIRMED
Ever confirmed: false

Comment 1

4 years ago
About the "ringtone-and-notification-sound=Ringtones & Notifications".
Component: General → Gaia::Settings
Summary: Missing separate option for notifications sound → Missing separate option for Ringtones & Notifications Volume

Comment 2

4 years ago
You can set the notification sound to "None" by tapping the button under Settings -> Sound -> Alerts, and picking "None". Does that resolve your issue?
Flags: needinfo?(gryllida)

Comment 3

4 years ago
(In reply to Jim Porter (:squib) from comment #2)
> You can set the notification sound to "None" by tapping the button under
> Settings -> Sound -> Alerts, and picking "None". Does that resolve your
> issue?

I feel he wanted two full volume slider, because seems no reason not to do so.
(Reporter)

Comment 4

4 years ago
> You can set the notification sound to "None" by tapping
> the button under Settings -> Sound -> Alerts, and 
> picking "None". Does that resolve your issue?

No, because doing so mutes phone ringtone. I need it.
Flags: needinfo?(gryllida)

Comment 5

4 years ago
(In reply to Gryllida from comment #4)
> > You can set the notification sound to "None" by tapping
> > the button under Settings -> Sound -> Alerts, and 
> > picking "None". Does that resolve your issue?
> 
> No, because doing so mutes phone ringtone. I need it.

No it doesn't. Setting the alert to None means that you won't hear the alert sound. It doesn't affect the ringtone at all. I just tried this on a Flame and then called and texted it, and it works as expected: I hear a ringtone, but no notification.
(Reporter)

Comment 6

4 years ago
I disagree. I am using 2.1 or nightly from http://downloads.geeksphone.com/ (Keon) and they both behave the way I described, not the way you described.
(Reporter)

Comment 7

3 years ago
Please confirm this bug and either fix it or write a quick overview/spec how to fix it.

Comment 8

3 years ago
Ok, there a pull request for having two separate volume sliders for Ringtones and Notifications. Can somebody please comment on it? Merge it with master tree, maybe, if it works fine?

https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/26649

Comment 9

2 months ago
Firefox OS is not being worked on
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 2 months ago
Resolution: --- → WONTFIX
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.