[B2G][Contacts][Facebook] Facebook Contacts importing stuck during the process

RESOLVED WORKSFORME

Status

Firefox OS
Gaia::Contacts
RESOLVED WORKSFORME
4 years ago
4 years ago

People

(Reporter: sarsenyev, Assigned: gsvelto)

Tracking

unspecified
1.3 C3/1.4 S3(31jan)
ARM
Gonk (Firefox OS)

Firefox Tracking Flags

(blocking-b2g:1.3+)

Details

(Whiteboard: dogfood1.3)

Attachments

(1 attachment)

(Reporter)

Description

4 years ago
Created attachment 8356353 [details]
Logcat_4_issue

Description:
If access the FB Contacts for the first time but not import anything, then come back and try to import contacts, the importing process stuck even "Cancel" doesn't cancel the process

Repro Steps:
1) Updated Buri to BuildID: 20140106004001
2) Open Contacts and navigate to Settings
3) Toggle "Sync friends" bar to on position
4) Log in into Facebook to see contacts
5) Ignore importing and exit from the "Facebook Friends" screen by pressing "x" icon
6) Tap the "Update imported friends"
7) "Select All" and tap the "Import" icon

Actual:
The importing contacts process stuck and cancel button didn't stop the canceling operation

Expected:
The FB contact are importing contacts everytime upon request

Environmental Variables:
Device: Buri 1.3 MOZ
BuildID: 20140106004001
Gaia: 35a60b82f8cf2d759939a350e2dadbb9d8b2f5dc
Gecko: a43cb4b322d3
Version: 28.0a2
Firmware Version: Sv1.2_20131115

Notes:
Repro frequency: 100%
See attached: logcat

Updated

4 years ago
blocking-b2g: --- → 1.3?
Keywords: regression, regressionwindow-wanted

Updated

4 years ago
QA Contact: jzimbrick
triage: 1.3+ regression
blocking-b2g: 1.3? → 1.3+

Comment 2

4 years ago
This issue seems to be more of 50% reproduction rate than 100%. It also seems to help to use a Facebook account with many friends while attempting to reproduce. (I used an account with 103 friends to get the regression window. When testing with an account that only had 5 friends I was unable to reproduce this issue.)

Regression Window:

Last Working Environmental Variables:
Device: Buri v1.3 Mozilla RIL
BuildID: 20131231004001
Gaia: 01e9da49be2cc4bc134eeefc434740d572ec2246
Gecko: 61f553e5db49
Version: 28.0a2
Base Image: V1.2_20131115

First Broken Environmental Variables:
Device: Buri v1.3 Mozilla RIL
BuildID: 20140101004001
Gaia: 01e9da49be2cc4bc134eeefc434740d572ec2246
Gecko: 61f553e5db49
Version: 28.0a2
Base Image: V1.2_20131115
blocking-b2g: 1.3+ → 1.3?
Keywords: regressionwindow-wanted
Resetting blocking flag, as I think that was done by accident.
blocking-b2g: 1.3? → 1.3+
Assignee: nobody → gsvelto

Comment 4

4 years ago
Just try my facebook account with buri 1.3,

Gaia      50d6487d4d15efda942c934570e6fdfb91f6fe2e
Gecko     http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-aurora/rev/2e9d1f109655
BuildID   20140119004001
Version   28.0a2

My facebook friend number is about 500. While turning on facebook sync, it stayed like 0/5xx for 5 minutes, and then I shut down contact. After restarting app, the facebook sync remains on, and when I turned it off, it stuck with "Removing Facebook data", seems like transaction is not cleaned up.

Comment 5

4 years ago
according to http://www.statisticbrain.com/facebook-statistics/
avg. friends number per user is about 130, so that I think it is ~80% reproducible :)
Target Milestone: --- → 1.3 C3/1.4 S3(31jan)
(In reply to Paul Yang [: pyang] from comment #4)
> Just try my facebook account with buri 1.3,
> 
> Gaia      50d6487d4d15efda942c934570e6fdfb91f6fe2e
> Gecko     http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-aurora/rev/2e9d1f109655
> BuildID   20140119004001
> Version   28.0a2
> 
> My facebook friend number is about 500. While turning on facebook sync, it
> stayed like 0/5xx for 5 minutes, and then I shut down contact. After
> restarting app, the facebook sync remains on, and when I turned it off, it
> stuck with "Removing Facebook data", seems like transaction is not cleaned
> up.

That's actually a different bug - see bug 950295.
(Assignee)

Comment 7

4 years ago
I've tried reproducing this multiple times on master but without success. I will now try on v1.3 as I'm starting to think that this might have already been resolved on master (or I've been incredibly lucky in my testing).
(Assignee)

Comment 8

4 years ago
I've tried to reproduce this on my device multiple times both on master and v1.3 but to no avail. I'm using my personal facebook account which contains 240 contacts; I have access to accounts with more but it's pointless to try those as I'd run into bug 950295.

I've got the feeling that this was either resolved as part of some other bug or was really a duplicate issue. I'll try reproducing it again tomorrow but if I can't I'm tempted to close it as WORKSFORME.
Asking for qawanted to retest this on the latest build.
Keywords: qawanted

Comment 10

4 years ago
Tried to reproduce this 5 times on a Buri device running the latest Mozilla 1.3 build and did not see this issue occur. 

1.3 Environmental Variables:
Device: Buri v1.3 Mozilla RIL
BuildID: 20140121004137
Gaia: 47049555282a9a01fb60d1e1421b57e2810c96f5
Gecko: 6f7dfe36ab6c
Version: 28.0a2
Base Image: V1.2-device.cfg

Resolving as works for me.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 4 years ago
Keywords: regression
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME

Updated

4 years ago
Keywords: qawanted
(Assignee)

Comment 11

4 years ago
(In reply to J Zimbrick from comment #10)
> Tried to reproduce this 5 times on a Buri device running the latest Mozilla
> 1.3 build and did not see this issue occur. 
> [...]
> Resolving as works for me.

Thanks for checking this!
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.