addon update release notes 403 forbidden

VERIFIED FIXED

Status

task
P1
normal
VERIFIED FIXED
5 years ago
5 years ago

People

(Reporter: kevink9876543, Assigned: jason)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

Attachments

(2 attachments)

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0 SeaMonkey/2.26 (Beta/Release)
Build ID: 20140415212235

Steps to reproduce:

1) From a browser with at least one outdated add-on (I tested Firefox 17 ESR and current SeaMonkey beta & nightly), go
Tools -> Add-ons Manager -> Check for updates
then
View available updates.
2) For any addon update, try to show the release notes.


Actual results:

"Sorry, but there was an error loading the release notes" was displayed.  Sniffing the traffic with HTTPFox shows that the request is getting rejected with a 403 Forbidden error.


Expected results:

The release notes for that addon update should have loaded.
Screenshot showing "Sorry, but there was a error loading the release notes" in about:addons
Posted image HttpFox showing 403
Screenshot of HttpFox showing the 403 Forbidden
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Component: Administration → API
Ever confirmed: true
To save some potential typing, here's an example release notes URL that's 403ing:

https://versioncheck.addons.mozilla.org/versions/updateInfo/1548210/en-US/
It seems that the requested URL might just be the wrong one:
Removing "versioncheck." from https://versioncheck.addons.mozilla.org/versions/updateInfo/1548210/
gives you: https://addons.mozilla.org/versions/updateInfo/1548210/
which redirects to:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/versions/1.1.9beta19/updateinfo/
which are the expected release notes.
No, as versioncheck.amo has been and is being used for this: http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/browser/app/profile/firefox.js#231

There's just some error or misconfiguration on the server which happened about three weeks ago.
I believe Jason/Jeremy were adjusting these servers a few weeks ago so putting this in their queue.  Let me know if that's not the case.
Assignee: nobody → server-ops-amo
Component: API → Server Operations: AMO Operations
Product: addons.mozilla.org → mozilla.org
QA Contact: oremj
Version: unspecified → other
This should now be fixed. 

SITE_URL was not set correctly when we switched over to olympia codebase.
Assignee: server-ops-amo → jthomas
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 5 years ago
Priority: -- → P1
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Yes, "Show release notes" is working for me now.

Thanks.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Working here too now, thanks.
Component: Server Operations: AMO Operations → Operations: Marketplace
Product: mozilla.org → Mozilla Services
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.