Can't manually enter multiple mail receipients for an IMAP SSL account

RESOLVED WORKSFORME

Status

MailNews Core
Networking: IMAP
RESOLVED WORKSFORME
17 years ago
10 years ago

People

(Reporter: Kai Engert, Assigned: varada)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

17 years ago
I see this on the 094 branch.

When I compose an e-mail, I want to type the e-mail addresses for multiple.
I clicked into the "To:" field, type the address, hit enter.
When I did this in the past, another "To:" line was created and the cursor was
placed there, to allow me to type the next address.

When I do this now, no additional To: line appears. The cursor is moved to the
subject line. I have no idea how to add another address. I don't want to use the
address book.
reassign to varada, cc'ing hewitt (just in case)
Assignee: ducarroz → varada
(Assignee)

Comment 2

17 years ago
Are you able to reproduce this sheela?
(Reporter)

Comment 3

17 years ago
I just saw that it sometimes works. I still can reproduce it, though.

Maybe it has to do with some additional windows that are display on my system. I
use IMAP/SSL, authentication by client auth, and have a cert domain name
mismatch. When I open mailnews I get three prompts, the domain mismatch, the
select client auth certificate, and the login to cert database dialog.

After this procedure has finished, the message list is filled, but no message
yet displayed.

I press CTRL-M to compose. Then I see the above behaviour, not being able to
enter multiple receipients.

When I try the same thing later in the session, it works.

Comment 4

17 years ago
>Maybe it has to do with some additional windows that are display on my system. 
>I use IMAP/SSL, authentication by client auth, and have a cert domain name
>mismatch. When I open mailnews I get three prompts, the domain mismatch, the
>select client auth certificate, and the login to cert database dialog.

I cannot reproduce it on my IMAP SSL account with my certificate.
Can you provide more info here?
Also, what do you mean for "have a cert domain name mismatch"?
Also, can you describe more about the three prompts that you got:
1) the domain mismatch
2) the select client auth certificate
3) the login to cert database dialog


Component: Composition → Networking - IMAP

Updated

17 years ago
QA Contact: sheelar → huang

Comment 5

17 years ago
Some other questions:
1) Have you save the password for this IMAP SSL account?
2) Have you used the password manager for setup any Encrypt Sensitive
Information for this IMAP SSL account
3) Can you provide more preference SSL setup info here?
QA Contact: huang → sheelar

Updated

17 years ago
QA Contact: sheelar → huang

Updated

17 years ago
Summary: Can't manually enter multiple mail receipients → Can't manually enter multiple mail receipients for an IMAP SSL account

Comment 6

17 years ago
Ccing John
(Reporter)

Comment 7

17 years ago
>I cannot reproduce it on my IMAP SSL account with my certificate.
>Can you provide more info here?
>Also, what do you mean for "have a cert domain name mismatch"?

I use an uncommon setup.

The security certificate does not contain the hostname I'm connecting to, due to
some tunneling I'm doing.
You can provoke this dialog: When you configure the mail server, do not use its
hostname, but its ip address.

>Also, can you describe more about the three prompts that you got:
>1) the domain mismatch

See above. It is the same dialog as you get when you connect to
https://193.150.167.1 (for example).

>2) the select client auth certificate

If you have access to the Netscape Intranet, it is the same dialog that you get
when you connect to https://aka.mcom.com

>3) the login to cert database dialog

If you have a personal security certificate, and you have protected this with a
master password, and this certtificate is required for the first time in the
session, you will see a prompt asking for the master password. You should see
this, too, when you go to https://aka.mcom.com.

>Some other questions:
>1) Have you save the password for this IMAP SSL account?

No. My mail server does not use password authentication in SSL mode. It solely
uses SSL client certificate authentication.

>2) Have you used the password manager for setup any Encrypt Sensitive
>Information for this IMAP SSL account

Hmm, I'm just using a SSL connection. Yes, encryption is used.

>3) Can you provide more preference SSL setup info here?

I think I'm using standard settings. In my opinion, I'd guess that the trouble
is caused by the appearance of the three dialogs, which seems to confuse the XUL
/ focus system.

Comment 8

17 years ago
why is this "Networking IMAP"? It's happening when composing...
(Assignee)

Updated

16 years ago
Blocks: 154188

Comment 9

16 years ago
WFM with the 7/29 Win2000 trunk build.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 16 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME

Updated

16 years ago
QA Contact: huang → gchan
Product: MailNews → Core
Product: Core → MailNews Core
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.