Adam: much of this has probably been filed already, but want to ensure that we are on the same page about pulling the data below. ALREADY DONE: 1) Number of event hosts -- displayed on contribution dashboard NOT SURE: 2) Number of events (note: different from number of *hosts*) 3) Number of event attendees 4) Number of event mentors 5) Number of event co-organizers 6) Total number of event countries 7) Total number of event cities Some of this we could pull from the events .csv downloads -- but Amira and I wanted to check with you to see if you have an alternate method.
Assignee: nobody → adam
Whiteboard: [events] [july11]
This is the first I'm seeing some of this, so I have some questions (on the plus side, great job shipping these new features!). I'll try and file some bugs related to this now. As a general comment, I think this data is all in our database, so we can report on this after the fact. What we need to work out is what we need in a dashboard most urgently for the duration of MP. So, what is most useful to see that you can't through existing outputs?
Filed this Bug 1036660 to get some Google Analytics Tracking in place around these new user interactions.
Depends on: 1036660
@fuzzy, could you drop in any links related to the geolocation events data you've looked at recently. That might also serve some short term requirements for access to real-time numbers.
http://party.webmaker.org/event-stats has the stats the MP heatmap is driven off, this is generated using this https://github.com/mozilla/makerparty/blob/master/bin/getEventStats
Just pulling this out as a specific question so it doesn't get lost in the noise: * What do we most urgently need regular access to (e.g. a dashboard) for the duration of MP.
(In reply to Adam Lofting (:adamlofting) from comment #1) > As a general comment, I think this data is all in our database, so we can report on this after the fact. Cool. I believe the issue for Amira is that she is being asked for these numbers on a weekly basis now.
* Adam: here's me trying to list them in order of importance: 1) Number of events (note: different from number of *hosts*) 2) Number of event RSVPs on Webmaker.org (pulled via new RSVP function live on Webmaker.org. It will under-report, as some will have rsvp'ed through third-party services. but it will give a sense.) 3) Total number of event cities 4) Number of event mentors and co-organizers (we might as well collapse these into a single number, for simplicity) 5) Total number of event countries Amira: can you confirm this with whatever stakeholders you need to make happy? Chris / Michelle: what weekly metrics do you guys need most? Are there any metrics you need that you can't already get?
Whiteboard: [events] [july11] → [events] [july25]
Whiteboard: [events] [july25] → [events] [july25] [now]
* Amira: I want to make sure we understand the data you need *each week*, and are providing it to you in a form you can use. * If we fix up the CSV export, which we're working on, will that provide what you need? Or do you need more?
* Adam: please update this ticket as we go.
Thanks to some awesome work by Fuzzy, most of the work required to make these stats available is already at: http://party.webmaker.org/event-stats I've just written some extra code to include: Countries, Cities, Mentors, and Coorganizers. I'll get this new code reviewed. And then all the stats requested above will be available on that same address: http://party.webmaker.org/event-stats
Created attachment 8458632 [details] [review] https://github.com/mozilla/makerparty/pull/45 @Fuzzy, feel free to loop in anyone else if you want a second reviewer.
Added a few tweaks to make in GH on the pull... other than that a final review from @mavis might be worth while as she'll likely be the person to push it to production.
Thanks Fuzzy, those extras are in there now too.
note: Adam is working on a more human-friendly gecko-board version of this data http://party.webmaker.org/event-stats
Whiteboard: [events] [july25] [now] → [events] [july25] [now] [critical]
Also note: Michelle, Laura, and I just spent 90 mins designing, in part, the human-driven version of the data collection. I.e., phone calls, e-mails, conversations, etc.
Here is the Geckoboard for Maker Party Events Stats: https://mozillafoundation.geckoboard.com/dashboards/0C79DF88AF877829 (4 of the widgets on there will show an error until the new code is reviewed and pushed onto the production site.) This also includes RSVP data recorded via Google Analytics.
Commits pushed to master at https://github.com/mozilla/makerparty https://github.com/mozilla/makerparty/commit/4f962f55d75de441c628f2abc9722234745400f2 Fixes Bug 1036026, counts for country, city, mentor, coorganizer + add mentors, coorganizers and cities to per country stats https://github.com/mozilla/makerparty/commit/c029c0acf6ada7eb5c0ba45e299fd5d6fd316774 Merge branch 'adamlofting-bug1036026' into develop
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 4 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
@Adam, I've merged you PR and push it to production: http://party.webmaker.org/event-stats
* Easier URL for the geckoboard: http://mzl.la/Maker_Party_metrics QUESTIONS FOR ADAM: * Where is the data for "attendees" pulling from? * This says only 104 people have used the new Webmaker RSVP feature -- if that's true, we should investigate further
Thanks for this, everyone. Quick flag: The daily check-ins are designed to map actual against projected and expected, see where we are. Starting next week (because we have to build a bit of it this week), we will need to be doing a lot of human-driven, 1:1 follow-up with contributors, hosts, and partner organizations. Customer service as well as tracking / auditing our processes to make sure what we think is happening is actually happening, flag emerging problems, flag emerging opportunities, etc. What's most needed at this point is some means of 3-4 people being able to call up and see all of the events that happened in the last few days and the events that are expected to happen in the next 3 days, and get the contact information for those hosts. Is that best addressed through an existing feature? This bug? A new bug? Thanks! G.
* Thanks Geoff. Please file this elsewhere. This bug was for automating data we can collect from our database, in a format that's easier / more automated than manually pulling from .CSV. That human high-touch stuff sounds vital, but not something this group can address here.
Hey, not seeing a question for me. Can you just reflag me if you have one? Thanks!
Just spotted these Qs, sorry for the delayed response. (In reply to Matt Thompson (@OpenMatt :OpenMatt) from comment #19) > * Easier URL for the geckoboard: > http://mzl.la/Maker_Party_metrics > > QUESTIONS FOR ADAM: > > * Where is the data for "attendees" pulling from? This is from the MakeAPI. The label has changed to 'estimatedAttendees' since then. It's the hosts estimated number of attendees. > * This says only 104 people have used the new Webmaker RSVP feature -- if > that's true, we should investigate further This is the number in Google Analytics. It's only tracking those that happened since the GA tracking was added to the site 2 weeks ago: Bug 1036660
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.