Please create gaia-l10n/v2_0 repositories on hg.m.o

RESOLVED FIXED

Status

RESOLVED FIXED
5 years ago
4 years ago

People

(Reporter: aki, Assigned: fubar)

Tracking

Details

(Reporter)

Description

5 years ago
In support of b2g 2.0, please create the following repositories on hg.mozilla.org as clones of the same local under gaia-l10n/

The permissions and hooks should be the same as the cloned from repository:

releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/ar
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/as
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/ast
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/be
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/bg
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/bn-BD
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/bn-IN
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/bs
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/ca
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/cs
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/cy
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/da
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/de
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/el
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/en-US
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/eo
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/es
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/et
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/eu
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/ff
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/fr
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/fy-NL
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/ga-IE
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/gd
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/gl
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/gu
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/he
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/hi-IN
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/hr
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/ht
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/hu
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/id
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/it
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/ja
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/km
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/kn
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/ko
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/lij
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/lt
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/mai
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/ml
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/mk
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/ms
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/mr
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/nb-NO
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/ne-NP
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/nl
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/or
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/pa
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/pl
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/pt-BR
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/ro
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/ru
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/si
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/sk
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/sl
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/son
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/sq
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/sr-Cyrl
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/sr-Latn
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/sv-SE
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/sw
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/ta
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/te
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/th
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/tr
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/ur
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/vi
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/xh
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/zh-CN
releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/zh-TW
Can we schedule this?

Historically, localizers just like to put random dumps into repositories as soon as they show up. Not many of them, but it's enough to cause pain to get the latest content from gaia-l10n into the 2.0 repos.

Thus I'd prefer to have these come up in a well-defined time window, close to the actual merge day.
Blocks: 1022611
(Reporter)

Comment 2

5 years ago
These aren't going to go live until merge day.  Pre-creating saves time on merge day, which is a full day without having to wait for multiple teams.  We'll push latest changes to these before calling a day.
(Reporter)

Comment 3

5 years ago
(Standard operating procedure)
My point isn't "on merge day", but "close".

I know about 100 people that don't give anything about what we discuss here, and they'll just push transplants or code dumps or whatnot, that will keep you from pushing the latest /gaia-l10n status to 2.0 on merge day. And it'll conflict, too.

I'm not making this up, it happened in all previous fxos branch days.
(Reporter)

Comment 5

5 years ago
This didn't happen last merge day.
If we're debating this, would you take bug 1022611? If you're up for making this your problem, I'm fine.
(Reporter)

Comment 7

5 years ago
Releng needs time to set up the branch in buildbot and test everything works.  At best we can delay this to the beginning of next week, which is less than 2 business days away.  Is that close enough for you?  If not, we might as well create them now.
(Reporter)

Comment 8

5 years ago
Also, if localizers are able to find and push to hg repos on their own, those same localizers should be able to merge in their own changes.  If we find any issues like this, we can file a bug against those localizers.
(Assignee)

Comment 9

5 years ago
Repos are created and can be pushed to, but I need to go tweak hgweb before they'll become visible.
Assignee: server-ops-webops → klibby
(Assignee)

Comment 10

5 years ago
Ok, everything should be visible. Please let me know if you see anything amiss.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 5 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Aki, you want to talk to willyaranda now about Spanish.
(Reporter)

Comment 12

5 years ago
(In reply to Axel Hecht [:Pike] from comment #11)
> Aki, you want to talk to willyaranda now about Spanish.

You're trying to push l10n work on me but not volunteering for releng work if we delay.
I recommend a bug against willyaranda.
(Reporter)

Comment 13

5 years ago
It looks like we're missing 3 locales now -- they were added around the time I filed this bug.

af
en-GB
zu

Could you create those repos as well?
This will block merge day on Monday.
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: FIXED → ---
(Assignee)

Comment 14

5 years ago
Done.
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 5 years ago5 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
(Reporter)

Comment 15

5 years ago
Thanks!
Component: WebOps: Source Control → General
Product: Infrastructure & Operations → Developer Services
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.