Closed Bug 1061215 Opened 8 years ago Closed 7 years ago
[Messages][Refactoring] Improve handling of remaining chars counter
*** Follow-up from bug 1048845 *** Currently #messages-counter-label is used to display "MMS" label in case of MMS without subject or remaining chars counter in case of SMS with less then 20 characters left. For the latter ":after" pseudo element is used, that makes code, naming and styling a bit confusing. Initial idea is to use #messages-counter-label (should be renamed to something more generic) to store either remaining chars counter or "MMS" label (via data-l10n-id attribute) without pseudo-elements. There is a chance that in the scope of this bug code that manipulates with remaining chars counter will be moved to Compose.js.
Hey Steve, Asking for low priority review here :) Since it's refactoring patch, I'm glad to adopt any other your ideas to refactor this part! Thanks!
Attachment #8484801 - Flags: review?(schung)
Comment on attachment 8484801 [details] [review] GitHub pull request URL Hey Julien, Redirecting review request to you since Steve is on PTO. This one blocks our sprint bug 1067228. Thanks!
Attachment #8484801 - Flags: review?(schung) → review?(felash)
Comment on attachment 8484801 [details] [review] GitHub pull request URL Reviewed on github. The main issue is that we need to uncouple the state updates from the dom updates. Please request review when ready :) Thanks !
Comment on attachment 8484801 [details] [review] GitHub pull request URL It should be ready for review again :)
Comment on attachment 8484801 [details] [review] GitHub pull request URL Some more work needed, please ask review when ready :)
Comment on attachment 8484801 [details] [review] GitHub pull request URL Hey Julien, Thanks for review! I've updated PR + I decided to add marionette test for char counter vs MMS label as it's behaviour is not really trivial and we're going to refactor that :) Also I had to rebase my patch on the latest master as bug 836690 is landed. Could you please take a look once again? Thanks!
NI Steve for the question in https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/23726/files#r17835976
Comment on attachment 8484801 [details] [review] GitHub pull request URL It's nearly there, please just add also specific classes for both mms-label elements, so that we can target them directly too in CSS. Also some nits in the integration test. About the segment banner, I don't think we need to focus on this here especially given the fact that we wait for this patch for bug 1067228. Let's file a separate bug for this specific item and move forward. Thanks, please request review again once you've done the latest change (in a separate commit too please :) ).
(In reply to Julien Wajsberg [:julienw] from comment #7) > NI Steve for the question in > https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/23726/files#0 Reply on github, thanks for digging out the bug :)
Comment on attachment 8484801 [details] [review] GitHub pull request URL r=me thanks for this good work!
Attachment #8484801 - Flags: review+
Thanks for comprehensive review! Master: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/commit/01aa7a6f55b8b6104e828f1d2c5b2a58d9a515b8
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 7 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Whiteboard: [sms-papercuts] → [sms-papercuts][sms-sprint-2.1S5]
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.