Closed Bug 1093897 Opened 7 years ago Closed 7 years ago

mozharness mach try builds can't do less than mozilla-release and older builds

Categories

(Release Engineering :: Applications: MozharnessCore, defect)

defect
Not set
normal

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED FIXED

People

(Reporter: jlund, Unassigned)

References

Details

my understanding is that try is currently able to do m-a and m-b (along with the default m-c).

mozharness mach builds (1055918) is not able to do m-a,b however we still want to enable mozharness mach on try tomorrow.

If things are all perfect, we merely need to uplift all the mach/build-system in-tree revs to m-a,b and things should 'just work'. Since we have hit so many blockers already on this rollout, I'd rather not have this bug block but instead be immediate follow up work. i.e. breaking m-a,b on try for 'a few days'

opening this bug for reference and discussion.
The next uplift is in just over 2 weeks and we'll want to be running Aurora-as-Beta Try pushes Really Soon Now. As long as "for a few days" is really that, I think we'll be OK. But this isn't a bug that can afford to drag out long.

Also, we'll want the various patches ported to the B2G release branches and esr31 as well.
try *should* be able to do aurora and beta builds now. this was the primary concern.

as for release, esr31, and b2g release builds, we should follow up in this bug and keep blocking  	1055918 until that's resolved.
Summary: mozharness mach try builds can't do m-a and m-b branch based jobs → mozharness mach try builds can't do less than mozilla-release and older builds
Is there any reason to hold off on esr31, b2g30, and b2g32? Or should I just do them now?

And is it just those three? Or do I need mozilla-release or anything else as well?
(In reply to Michael Shal [:mshal] from comment #4)
> Is there any reason to hold off on esr31, b2g30, and b2g32? Or should I just
> do them now?
> 
> And is it just those three? Or do I need mozilla-release or anything else as
> well?

if it doesn't effect our current automation (buildbot based w/ 'make compile'), we should do it now. I don't how it would though since they should be independent.

IIUC mozilla-release is needed as well as we sometimes test mainline m-c on try.
Any time SGTM. I don't think we need to worry about m-r at this point given that mozilla-beta is going to be merging to it next week anyway.
uplift to esr31: https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-esr31/pushloghtml?changeset=6bfb385b357a

uplift to b2g32: https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-b2g32_v2_0/pushloghtml?changeset=62294be0fc98

I also tried to uplift to b2g30, but the patches required a bit more modification to get them to apply. I also had some trouble with pymake when I pushed to try. In IRC, RyanVM mentioned that b2g30 is close enough to EOL that it's probably not worth the effort. So I'm not planning to do b2g30 unless someone makes a compelling case.
I am going to close this bug as we are in release week and bumping b2g30 anyway
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 7 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.