Investigate intermittent failure in test_redial_last_number.py

RESOLVED WORKSFORME

Status

defect
RESOLVED WORKSFORME
5 years ago
4 years ago

People

(Reporter: viorela, Assigned: viorela)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

Attachments

(1 attachment)

Assignee

Description

5 years ago
Test test_redial_last_number.py has failed in latest master build: http://jenkins1.qa.scl3.mozilla.com/job/flame-kk-319.mozilla-central.ui.functional.non-smoke.2/35/HTML_Report/

I couldn't reproduce the failure locally, the test passed 30/30 times
I started an adhoc run: http://jenkins1.qa.scl3.mozilla.com/job/flame-kk.ui.adhoc/424/console
We still need to try and reproduce the failure.
From the stacktrace it looks like after tapping on "Call", the dialer was not populated with the last number the phone called.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/jenkins/2/workspace/flame-kk-319.mozilla-central.ui.functional.non-smoke.2/.env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/marionette_client-0.8.5-py2.7.egg/marionette/marionette_test.py", line 267, in run
testMethod()
File "/var/jenkins/2/workspace/flame-kk-319.mozilla-central.ui.functional.non-smoke.2/tests/python/gaia-ui-tests/gaiatest/tests/functional/dialer/test_redial_last_number.py", line 33, in test_redial_last_number
keypad.wait_for_phone_number_ready()
File "/var/jenkins/2/workspace/flame-kk-319.mozilla-central.ui.functional.non-smoke.2/tests/python/gaia-ui-tests/gaiatest/apps/phone/regions/keypad.py", line 95, in wait_for_phone_number_ready
self.wait_for_condition(lambda m: m.find_element(*self._add_new_contact_button_locator).is_enabled())
File "/var/jenkins/2/workspace/flame-kk-319.mozilla-central.ui.functional.non-smoke.2/tests/python/gaia-ui-tests/gaiatest/apps/base.py", line 56, in wait_for_condition
Wait(self.marionette, timeout).until(method, message=message)
File "/var/jenkins/2/workspace/flame-kk-319.mozilla-central.ui.functional.non-smoke.2/.env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/marionette_client-0.8.5-py2.7.egg/marionette/wait.py", line 143, in until
cause=last_exc)
TimeoutException: TimeoutException: Timed out after 30.0 seconds

Device firmware (base) 	L1TC10011880
Device firmware (date) 	11 Dec 2014 04:40:36
Device firmware (incremental) 	eng.cltbld.20141211.074025
Device firmware (release) 	4.4.2
Device identifier 	flame
Gaia date 	10 Dec 2014 20:12:40
Gaia revision 	1a956437210d
Gecko build 	20141211040208
Gecko revision 	d92db71d4e67
Gecko version 	37.0a1
Assignee

Updated

5 years ago
Assignee: nobody → viorela.ioia
QA Whiteboard: [fxosqa-auto-s6]
Assignee

Comment 1

5 years ago
I investigated this issue and I couldn't get a failure locally.

I started an adhoc run of this test and I got a repro rate of 1/51: http://jenkins1.qa.scl3.mozilla.com/job/flame-kk.ui.adhoc/452/HTML_Report/

Device firmware (base) 	L1TC10011880
Device firmware (date) 	17 Dec 2014 02:13:21
Device firmware (incremental) 	eng.cltbld.20141217.051310
Device firmware (release) 	4.4.2
Device identifier 	flame
Gaia date 	17 Dec 2014 01:10:20
Gaia revision 	f1316844d0dc
Gecko build 	20141217014310
Gecko revision 	5e6d177cf4cb
Gecko version 	37.0a1

I'm not sure why the phone number is not displayed in dialer app. 
I'll try some fixes, though it would be difficult to check them, as the test is failing so rarely
Attachment #8538592 - Flags: review?(robert.chira) → review+
Attachment #8538592 - Flags: review?(florin.strugariu) → review+
Assignee

Comment 4

5 years ago
This issue is reproducible in latest master build:
http://jenkins1.qa.scl3.mozilla.com/job/flame-kk-319.mozilla-central.ui.functional.non-smoke.2/87/HTML_Report/

Device firmware (base) 	L1TC10011880
Device firmware (date) 	05 Jan 2015 01:34:36
Device firmware (incremental) 	eng.cltbld.20150105.043425
Device firmware (release) 	4.4.2
Device identifier 	flame
Gaia date 	02 Jan 2015 16:08:34
Gaia revision 	c2bf20d23851
Gecko build 	20150105010205
Gecko revision 	636498d041b5
Gecko version 	37.0a1
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: FIXED → ---
Assignee

Comment 5

4 years ago
I haven't seen this failure lately. Also, I started an adhoc on mozilla-central, and results are looking good: http://jenkins1.qa.scl3.mozilla.com/job/flame-kk.ui.adhoc/690/HTML_Report/ 
I will close this bug, as it works for me.
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Closed: 5 years ago4 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.