Make changes to MDN's feature request form

RESOLVED FIXED

Status

()

RESOLVED FIXED
4 years ago
4 years ago

People

(Reporter: hoosteeno, Assigned: dkl)

Tracking

Production

Details

We'd like to replace MDN's feature request form[0] with a few new questions. The behavior of the form won't change much; the data it submits are pretty much the same. We just want to ask some different questions. They're in this google document:

https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/document/d/1GjbbcYSdDQjnzZ_tgxyMW2b3dStAji9tAE872Os-1gM/edit#heading=h.68i8gok3utat

You can comment there (let me know if you need permission) with any questions, or put them below. 

[0] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mozilla%20Developer%20Network#h=detail|feature
(Assignee)

Comment 1

4 years ago
Sorry for the delay with getting to this with the holidays and all. Will start on it now.
Assignee: nobody → dkl
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Totally understand. Please let me know what else you need.
(Assignee)

Comment 3

4 years ago
Sorry again for the extra delay on this. I have performed the requested changes and put the new code on our test instance for your feedback here:

https://bugzilla-dev.allizom.org/form.mdn

To ssh://gitolite3@git.mozilla.org/webtools/bmo/bugzilla.git
   8dd1715..0759c1a  development -> development

Please try it and let me know if anything else needs changing.

dkl
Flags: needinfo?(hoosteeno)
Thanks! 2 changes:

* We're not going to make a form for marketing requests, so you can remove this bullet from the top: "Requesting MDN assistance with developer marketing"

* When I fill out all the fields, I get a javascript alert indicating validation failed for fields that were previously but are no longer on the form. The alert says: 'Please enter some text for "What happened?"
Please enter some text for "What should have happened?"'
Flags: needinfo?(hoosteeno)
(Assignee)

Comment 5

4 years ago
(In reply to Justin Crawford [:hoosteeno] [:jcrawford] from comment #4)
> Thanks! 2 changes:
> 
> * We're not going to make a form for marketing requests, so you can remove
> this bullet from the top: "Requesting MDN assistance with developer
> marketing"

Removed

> * When I fill out all the fields, I get a javascript alert indicating
> validation failed for fields that were previously but are no longer on the
> form. The alert says: 'Please enter some text for "What happened?"
> Please enter some text for "What should have happened?"'

You found a bug for me in the old implementation that happens when you come from somewhere else with the bookmarked links such as 'form.mdn#h=detail|feature' which will load the feature based form but still thinks internally it is a 'bug' form. Did not happen if someone came to the form fresh and made a selection first.

Fixed properly now. Please give final feedback at:

https://bugzilla-dev.allizom.org/form.mdn

dkl
Flags: needinfo?(hoosteeno)
:dkl, thanks!

Finally had a chance to dig in. One big bug is that, after submitting, the bug created does not include any of the data entered into form fields in the submission form.
Flags: needinfo?(hoosteeno) → needinfo?(dkl)
(In reply to Justin Crawford [:hoosteeno] [:jcrawford] from comment #6)
> :dkl, thanks!
> 
> Finally had a chance to dig in. One big bug is that, after submitting, the
> bug created does not include any of the data entered into form fields in the
> submission form.

For example: https://bugzilla-dev.allizom.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1007677
(Assignee)

Comment 8

4 years ago
(In reply to Justin Crawford [:hoosteeno] [:jcrawford] from comment #6)
> :dkl, thanks!
> 
> Finally had a chance to dig in. One big bug is that, after submitting, the
> bug created does not include any of the data entered into form fields in the
> submission form.

Sorry bout that. Typo error that has been fixed once our test instance is updated to the latest code.

https://bugzilla-dev.allizom.org/form.mdn

dkl
Flags: needinfo?(dkl) → needinfo?(hoosteeno)
(Assignee)

Comment 9

4 years ago
(In reply to David Lawrence [:dkl] from comment #8)
> (In reply to Justin Crawford [:hoosteeno] [:jcrawford] from comment #6)
> > :dkl, thanks!
> > 
> > Finally had a chance to dig in. One big bug is that, after submitting, the
> > bug created does not include any of the data entered into form fields in the
> > submission form.
> 
> Sorry bout that. Typo error that has been fixed once our test instance is
> updated to the latest code.
> 
> https://bugzilla-dev.allizom.org/form.mdn
> 
> dkl

Ping for feedback.

dkl
dkl, thanks for the ping!

One more bug: When I choose any of the radio buttons besides "Other", the output in the summary box is "All visitors to MDN". For example, I chose "Staff" for this bug: https://bugzilla-dev.allizom.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1008208
Flags: needinfo?(hoosteeno) → needinfo?(dkl)
(Assignee)

Comment 11

4 years ago
(In reply to Justin Crawford [:hoosteeno] [:jcrawford] from comment #10)
> dkl, thanks for the ping!
> 
> One more bug: When I choose any of the radio buttons besides "Other", the
> output in the summary box is "All visitors to MDN". For example, I chose
> "Staff" for this bug:
> https://bugzilla-dev.allizom.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1008208

Thanks for finding that issue. New version pushed out for final testing.

https://bugzilla-dev.allizom.org/form.mdn
 
dkl
Flags: needinfo?(dkl)
Just checking in.  Is the form good now?
Flags: needinfo?(hoosteeno)
(Assignee)

Comment 13

4 years ago
Ping hoosteeno@mozilla.com
Sorry -- was away for a while.

This looks good to me. Thanks for the fixes!
Flags: needinfo?(hoosteeno)
(Assignee)

Comment 15

4 years ago
Thanks

To ssh://gitolite3@git.mozilla.org/webtools/bmo/bugzilla.git
   4fbbdbc..c4975b6  master -> master

Should be in the next code push which will be early next week.

dkl
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 4 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.