Closed Bug 1171427 Opened 6 years ago Closed 6 years ago
_stackwalk binaries in tooltool + tooltool manifest in tree
40 bytes, text/x-review-board-request
The minidump_stackwalk binaries we're using in CI are a little bit out of date. RyanVM linked me a test log where we failed to get a stack out of a minidump: https://treeherder.mozilla.org/logviewer.html#?job_id=1602425&repo=mozilla-central The root cause there was that one of the threads in the minidump had bad stack memory listed: 00:11:08 INFO - 2015-06-04 00:11:08: minidump.cc:1357: ERROR: MinidumpThread has a memory region problem, 0x0+0x0 00:11:08 INFO - 2015-06-04 00:11:08: minidump.cc:1551: ERROR: MinidumpThreadList cannot read thread 55/81 I fixed this in upstream Breakpad a while back, making the stackwalker able to print stacks for other threads even if some threads can't be handled properly. I was able to get a stack out of this dump locally with a minidump_stackwalk built from a current breakpad checkout. We just need to update the minidump_stackwalk binaries we're using, which are in tooltool nowadays. The tooltool manifests live here: https://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/testing/config/tooltool-manifests
bug 1171427 - update minidump_stackwalk binaries. r?jgriffin
Attachment #8631200 - Flags: review?(jgriffin)
Comment on attachment 8631200 [details] MozReview Request: bug 1171427 - update minidump_stackwalk binaries. r?jgriffin https://reviewboard.mozilla.org/r/12857/#review11441 There are EOL extra spaces most places here, but otherwise looks good.
Attachment #8631200 - Flags: review?(jgriffin) → review+
(In reply to Jonathan Griffin (:jgriffin) from comment #3) > Comment on attachment 8631200 [details] > MozReview Request: bug 1171427 - update minidump_stackwalk binaries. > r?jgriffin > > https://reviewboard.mozilla.org/r/12857/#review11441 > > There are EOL extra spaces most places here, but otherwise looks good. That's just how the tooltool.py script generates the manifest for some reason.
(In reply to Ted Mielczarek [:ted.mielczarek] from comment #4) > https://treeherder.mozilla.org/#/jobs?repo=try&revision=49a82ae758ce This broke on Linux and Mac because: a) I forgot to statically link the Linux binaries b) I used the wrong filename for the Mac binary so mozharness couldn't find it Worked on Windows, though. I rebuilt the Linux binaries and fixed the Mac filename and am going to push to try again to sanity check that.
url: https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/mozilla-inbound/rev/50be949e3494424ce551859913811de0292963fb changeset: 50be949e3494424ce551859913811de0292963fb user: Ted Mielczarek <firstname.lastname@example.org> date: Wed Jul 08 15:25:58 2015 -0400 description: bug 1171427 - update minidump_stackwalk binaries. r=jgriffin
(In reply to Ted Mielczarek [:ted.mielczarek] from comment #7) > https://treeherder.mozilla.org/#/jobs?repo=try&revision=5915eaa414bd That worked fine on Linux/Mac.
I missed the WinXP bustage in my try push, sorry about that. Apparently the version of mingw-w64 I used to build the binaries has a bug: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=755448 I'll see if I can rebuild with a fixed version.
Talking with jacek on IRC he pointed out that it wasn't that bug I was seeing, but rather that in the Breakpad source we have some code that does: #ifdef _WIN32 #define strtok_r strtok_s #endif ..so this is Breakpad shooting me in the foot. I have a patch for that, I just rebuilt minidump_stackwalk binaries with it and will check them on try.
That looks good! Hooray!
url: https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/mozilla-inbound/rev/d9b9c8130397969040eb24f22bcf535024cd7ea4 changeset: d9b9c8130397969040eb24f22bcf535024cd7ea4 user: Ted Mielczarek <email@example.com> date: Fri Aug 14 07:09:31 2015 -0400 description: bug 1171427 - update minidump_stackwalk binaries in tooltool manifests. r=jgriffin
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.