Closed Bug 1172953 Opened 5 years ago Closed 5 years ago

Move contrib/docker/.* to docker/*

Categories

(bugzilla.mozilla.org :: Developer Box, defect)

Production
defect
Not set
normal

Tracking

()

RESOLVED FIXED

People

(Reporter: dkl, Assigned: dkl)

Details

The goal is to remove contrib altogether and currently the docker stuff is located there. I propose creating a new docker/ dir in the root and move it all there.

dkl
To ssh://gitolite3@git.mozilla.org/webtools/bmo/bugzilla.git
   f9993e2..f1f6f3f  master -> master
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 5 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Forgot to update Bugzilla/Install/Filesystem.pm to add htaccess file to docker and other permission related changes.

To ssh://gitolite3@git.mozilla.org/webtools/bmo/bugzilla.git
   f1f6f3f..f0e464a  master -> master

dkl
This appears to have done more than just move the files - many have been updated.
Was this intentional? It's just it's not mentioned above, in the bug summary or the commit message.
(It's just changes affect my WIP patch for the new multi-container simpler dev environment - and I almost didn't spot the file changes here since the commit message didn't mention it).
(In reply to Ed Morley [:emorley] from comment #3)
> This appears to have done more than just move the files - many have been
> updated.
> Was this intentional? It's just it's not mentioned above, in the bug summary
> or the commit message.
> (It's just changes affect my WIP patch for the new multi-container simpler
> dev environment - and I almost didn't spot the file changes here since the
> commit message didn't mention it).

I took the opportunity during the move to make some cleanups that you had mentioned as best practices earlier in the upstream dklawren/docker-bugzilla repo. I then copied over the changes and converted them for the BMO docker image. In hindsight I should have also included more detail in what changed other than the move in location. Sorry bout that. Hopefully didn't mess up your work too much. Let me know if I can help.

dkl
(In reply to David Lawrence [:dkl] from comment #4)
> (In reply to Ed Morley [:emorley] from comment #3)
> > This appears to have done more than just move the files - many have been
> > updated.
> > Was this intentional? It's just it's not mentioned above, in the bug summary
> > or the commit message.
> > (It's just changes affect my WIP patch for the new multi-container simpler
> > dev environment - and I almost didn't spot the file changes here since the
> > commit message didn't mention it).
> 
> I took the opportunity during the move to make some cleanups that you had
> mentioned as best practices earlier in the upstream dklawren/docker-bugzilla
> repo. I then copied over the changes and converted them for the BMO docker
> image. In hindsight I should have also included more detail in what changed
> other than the move in location. Sorry bout that. Hopefully didn't mess up
> your work too much. Let me know if I can help.
> 
> dkl

I also want to look at getting the image size way down. I tried to optimize where I could but the rpms being pulled in (devel stuff, etc) are causing the image size to grow to ~3GB is size. Way too large. I can not uninstall rpms at the end as they are in the commit history already. Could look at using prebuilt rpms for the Perl modules but that will add hassle for the modules without rpms already. And also throws away ability to install required modules using a cpanfile which is convenient.

dkl
Cool no worries :-)

Yeah reducing the image size is something I worked at for most of the weekend - I have it under 1GB now :-)
permission fixes..

To ssh://gitolite3@git.mozilla.org/webtools/bmo/bugzilla.git
   f90bf20..45ad127  master -> master
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.