Closed Bug 1213042 Opened 4 years ago Closed 4 years ago

Add OISTE WISeKey Global Root GB CA certificate to NSS

Categories

(NSS :: CA Certificates Code, task)

task
Not set

Tracking

(firefox44 affected)

RESOLVED FIXED
Tracking Status
firefox44 --- affected

People

(Reporter: kwilson, Unassigned)

References

Details

(Whiteboard: Included in NSS 3.21, and Firefox 44)

Attachments

(1 file)

This bug requests inclusion in the NSS root certificate store of the following root certificate owned by WISeKey.
	 
Friendly Name: OISTE WISeKey Global Root GB CA
Cert Location: http://public.wisekey.com/crt/owgrgbca.crt
SHA-1 Fingerprint: 0F:F9:40:76:18:D3:D7:6A:4B:98:F0:A8:35:9E:0C:FD:27:AC:CC:ED
Trust Flags: Code; Email; Websites
Test URL or Example Cert: https://goodevssl.wisekey.com

This CA has been assessed in accordance with the Mozilla project guidelines, and the certificates approved for inclusion in bug 1172819.

The next steps are as follows:
1) A representative of the CA must confirm that all the data in this bug is correct, and that the correct certificates have been attached.
2) A Mozilla representative creates a patch with the new certificates, and provides a special test version of Firefox.
3) A representative of the CA uses the test version of Firefox to confirm (by adding a comment in this bug) that the certificates have been correctly imported and that websites work correctly.
4) The Mozilla representative requests that another Mozilla representative review the patch.
5) The Mozilla representative adds (commits) the patch to NSS, then closes this bug as RESOLVED FIXED.
6) At some time after that, various Mozilla products will move to using a version of NSS which contains the certificates. This process is mostly under the control of the release drivers for those products.
Pedro, Please see step #1 above.
Blocks: 1213044
Depends on: 1214729
The test build is available here:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1214729#c2

Pedro, Please test as described here:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA:How_to_apply#Testing_Inclusion
Dear Kathleen,
In behalf of WISeKey SA, I can confirm that the information above is accurate.
SHA-1 Fingerprint: 0F F9 40 76 18 D3 D7 6A 4B 98 F0 A8 35 9E 0C FD 27 AC CC ED

As only comment, we'd like to state also our request to enable the bit for EV, as discussed in Bug 1213044

Thanks and regards,
Pedro

(In reply to Kathleen Wilson from comment #0)
> Created attachment 8671591 [details]
> OISTEWISeKeyGlobalRootGBCA.cert
> 
> This bug requests inclusion in the NSS root certificate store of the
> following root certificate owned by WISeKey.
> 	 
> Friendly Name: OISTE WISeKey Global Root GB CA
> Cert Location: http://public.wisekey.com/crt/owgrgbca.crt
> SHA-1 Fingerprint:
> 0F:F9:40:76:18:D3:D7:6A:4B:98:F0:A8:35:9E:0C:FD:27:AC:CC:ED
> Trust Flags: Code; Email; Websites
> Test URL or Example Cert: https://goodevssl.wisekey.com
> 
> This CA has been assessed in accordance with the Mozilla project guidelines,
> and the certificates approved for inclusion in bug 1172819.
> 
> The next steps are as follows:
> 1) A representative of the CA must confirm that all the data in this bug is
> correct, and that the correct certificates have been attached.
> 2) A Mozilla representative creates a patch with the new certificates, and
> provides a special test version of Firefox.
> 3) A representative of the CA uses the test version of Firefox to confirm
> (by adding a comment in this bug) that the certificates have been correctly
> imported and that websites work correctly.
> 4) The Mozilla representative requests that another Mozilla representative
> review the patch.
> 5) The Mozilla representative adds (commits) the patch to NSS, then closes
> this bug as RESOLVED FIXED.
> 6) At some time after that, various Mozilla products will move to using a
> version of NSS which contains the certificates. This process is mostly under
> the control of the release drivers for those products.
Dear Kathleen,
In behalf of WISeKey SA, I can confirm that the information above is accurate.
SHA-1 Fingerprint: 0F F9 40 76 18 D3 D7 6A 4B 98 F0 A8 35 9E 0C FD 27 AC CC ED

As only comment, we'd like to state also our request to enable the bit for EV, as discussed in Bug 1213044

I'll proceed right now to the requested tests and respond separately.

Thanks and regards,
Pedro

(In reply to Kathleen Wilson from comment #0)
> Created attachment 8671591 [details]
> OISTEWISeKeyGlobalRootGBCA.cert
> 
> This bug requests inclusion in the NSS root certificate store of the
> following root certificate owned by WISeKey.
> 	 
> Friendly Name: OISTE WISeKey Global Root GB CA
> Cert Location: http://public.wisekey.com/crt/owgrgbca.crt
> SHA-1 Fingerprint:
> 0F:F9:40:76:18:D3:D7:6A:4B:98:F0:A8:35:9E:0C:FD:27:AC:CC:ED
> Trust Flags: Code; Email; Websites
> Test URL or Example Cert: https://goodevssl.wisekey.com
> 
> This CA has been assessed in accordance with the Mozilla project guidelines,
> and the certificates approved for inclusion in bug 1172819.
> 
> The next steps are as follows:
> 1) A representative of the CA must confirm that all the data in this bug is
> correct, and that the correct certificates have been attached.
> 2) A Mozilla representative creates a patch with the new certificates, and
> provides a special test version of Firefox.
> 3) A representative of the CA uses the test version of Firefox to confirm
> (by adding a comment in this bug) that the certificates have been correctly
> imported and that websites work correctly.
> 4) The Mozilla representative requests that another Mozilla representative
> review the patch.
> 5) The Mozilla representative adds (commits) the patch to NSS, then closes
> this bug as RESOLVED FIXED.
> 6) At some time after that, various Mozilla products will move to using a
> version of NSS which contains the certificates. This process is mostly under
> the control of the release drivers for those products.
Dear Kathleen,
I did the requested tests and I can confirm that the new Root GB appears as a built-in object and includes the correct SHA-1 fingerprint.
FP=0F:F9:40:76:18:D3:D7:6A:4B:98:F0:A8:35:9E:0C:FD:27:AC:CC:ED

Thanks!
Pedro

(In reply to Kathleen Wilson from comment #2)
> The test build is available here:
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1214729#c2
> 
> Pedro, Please test as described here:
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA:How_to_apply#Testing_Inclusion
Pedro, 

Thank you for completing the test regarding the code change to include the new Root GB.

EV-enablement is done in a separate bug (Bug #1213044), after the root has been included.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 4 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Whiteboard: In NSS 3.21, planned for Firefox 44
Whiteboard: In NSS 3.21, planned for Firefox 44 → Included in NSS 3.21, and Firefox 44
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.