We have a request to land MIPS fixes into mozilla-central. I'd like to land a NSPR 4.11 Beta tag now. (This means, we'll have to tag a final NSPR 4.11 for the Firefox 44 release later.) Does this sound OK?
How much later? The next merge date is in two weeks, I believe. In any case, if the changes are just MIPS-specific, I don't think it should be a problem.
(In reply to David Keeler [:keeler] (use needinfo?) from comment #1) > How much later? The next merge date is in two weeks, I believe. In any case, > if the changes are just MIPS-specific, I don't think it should be a problem. I think it's ok to tag a 4.11 final and land into m-c prior to the Nov 2 merge date. If that's fine with you, I'd land the beta tag tomorrow.
Ok - sounds good.
Target Milestone: --- → mozilla44
Firefox 44 Aurora uses a Beta version of NSPR. We must change it to use a final version. The final version will be ready tomorrow. This won't mean any code change, only version number fixes.
Attachment #8685060 - Flags: review?(dkeeler) → review+
Comment on attachment 8685060 [details] placeholder-4.11 Seems like routine business. Let's uplift to Aurora44.
Attachment #8685060 - Flags: approval-mozilla-aurora? → approval-mozilla-aurora+
Can this be checked in to mozilla-central? ESR 45 is the next ESR release and Nightly 45 builds still show "NSPR 4.11 Beta" in about:support.
(In reply to NVD from comment #8) > Can this be checked in to mozilla-central? ESR 45 is the next ESR release > and Nightly 45 builds still show "NSPR 4.11 Beta" in about:support. I've been waiting for Sylvestre to finalize the NSPR 4.11 release. Sylvestre, I'm still offering to handle it, just let me know. Thanks.
Working on it, waiting for AWS credential to upload the tarball.
Uploaded in s3 https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/nspr/releases/v4.11/src/ I will try to push later: remote: mozilla-inbound is CLOSED! Reason: Bustage remote: To push despite the closed tree, include "CLOSED TREE" in your push comment
Sylvestre, FYI, we usually add the "leave-open" keyword while we are in the process of landing beta snapshots. Once we land the final RTM into m-c, we usually remove the "leave-open" keyword. Thanks a lot for your help with the NSPR 4.11 release!
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 4 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Assignee: nobody → sledru
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.