Error when attaching an Outlook .msg file

RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 714724

Status

()

P4
normal
RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 714724
3 years ago
3 years ago

People

(Reporter: p1, Unassigned)

Tracking

5.0.1
x86_64
Linux

Details

Attachments

(1 attachment)

(Reporter)

Description

3 years ago
Created attachment 8679679 [details]
bugzilla error screenshot.png

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Build ID: 20151014143721

Steps to reproduce:

Created a bugzilla bug (not yet saved)
Opened an Outlook mail we wanted to attach to the bug and saved it to disk as a .msg file.
In the new bug we selected "Add an attachment" button, browsed to the .msg file and attached it.
 


Actual results:

The error displayed in the browser as follows:

Software error:
Can't locate object method "message" via package "Wide character in subroutine entry at lib/Email/Sender/Transport/SMTP.pm line 229." (perhaps you forgot to load "Wide character in subroutine entry at lib/Email/Sender/Transport/SMTP.pm line 229."?) at Bugzilla/Mailer.pm line 186.

For help, please send mail......

We then tried to re-attach the file. This time we manually selected the mime type of the attachment and it seemed to load fine. However retrying was a mistake as it had in fact attached successfully the first time, even though the error displayed - so we got a duplicated attachment. 

(in case relevant, I have also seen an error popup in Zend Studio 13 (Eclipse) when trying to attach a mail to a task (this is using the same Bugzilla database as backend for tasks. Unfortunately I can't be sure if this is the same error as the error message in Eclipse didn't display anything particularly meaningful.


Expected results:

The .msg file should have attached without error
(Reporter)

Updated

3 years ago
OS: Unspecified → Linux
Priority: -- → P4
Hardware: Unspecified → x86_64

Comment 1

3 years ago
This error happens when Bugzilla sends emails. This happens if the email contains Unicode characters that are incorrectly converted before the email is sent. This problem has been fixed in the upcoming 5.0.2 release. If you use git, you could already upgrade to the current 5.0 branch to get that fix, or manually apply the patch from bug 714724.
Assignee: general → email-notifications
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 3 years ago
Component: Bugzilla-General → Email Notifications
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Duplicate of bug: 714724
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.