Closed Bug 1275245 Opened 5 years ago Closed 5 years ago

Extension block request: tmbepff@trendmicro.com

Categories

(Toolkit :: Blocklist Policy Requests, defect)

defect
Not set
normal

Tracking

()

RESOLVED FIXED

People

(Reporter: eviljeff, Assigned: eviljeff, NeedInfo)

References

Details

Extension name: Trend Micro BEP Firefox Extension
Extension UUID: tmbepff@trendmicro.com
Extension versions to block: 9.2.0.1024 and previous

Add-on or a binary in the software is causing a high-frequency crash in Firefox so needs to be blocked. 

Details in bug 1196899
Blocked:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/blocked/i1222
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 5 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Blocks: 1196911
Hi Andrew,
I am the engineer from Trendmicro, I have some questions about how to unblock the extension.
1. If this issue has been fixed in 9.2.0.1024, do I need to provide a new version to you.
2. We have two releases, one is 9.0.0.xxxx, the other is 9.2.0.xxxx, do I need to provide two new versions to you?
thanks
Blocks: 1196905
(In reply to engT from comment #2)
> Hi Andrew,
> I am the engineer from Trendmicro, I have some questions about how to
> unblock the extension.
> 1. If this issue has been fixed in 9.2.0.1024, do I need to provide a new
> version to you.

You will need to release a new version with a higher version number than 9.2.0.1024, yes.  If you upload it normally for signing to addons.mozilla.org that's sufficient.

> 2. We have two releases, one is 9.0.0.xxxx, the other is 9.2.0.xxxx, do I
> need to provide two new versions to you?
> thanks

We weren't aware of any release on a 9.0.0.xxx branch so it's currently blocking 0 to 9.2.0.1024 (i.e. including 9.0.0.xxx and anything above it up to the other branch number).  Is it released under the same ID/GUID?
(In reply to Andrew Williamson [:eviljeff] from comment #3)
> (In reply to engT from comment #2)
> > Hi Andrew,
> > I am the engineer from Trendmicro, I have some questions about how to
> > unblock the extension.
> > 1. If this issue has been fixed in 9.2.0.1024, do I need to provide a new
> > version to you.
> 
> You will need to release a new version with a higher version number than
> 9.2.0.1024, yes.  If you upload it normally for signing to
> addons.mozilla.org that's sufficient.

If 9.2.0.1024 (the one you uploaded for signing recently) is already fixed then you don't need to provide a new version number, we can just adjust the block.  We just need to establish what version ranges are causing the crash.
(In reply to Andrew Williamson [:eviljeff] from comment #4)
> (In reply to Andrew Williamson [:eviljeff] from comment #3)
> > (In reply to engT from comment #2)
> > > Hi Andrew,
> > > I am the engineer from Trendmicro, I have some questions about how to
> > > unblock the extension.
> > > 1. If this issue has been fixed in 9.2.0.1024, do I need to provide a new
> > > version to you.
> > 
> > You will need to release a new version with a higher version number than
> > 9.2.0.1024, yes.  If you upload it normally for signing to
> > addons.mozilla.org that's sufficient.
> 
> If 9.2.0.1024 (the one you uploaded for signing recently) is already fixed
> then you don't need to provide a new version number, we can just adjust the
> block.  We just need to establish what version ranges are causing the crash.

Thanks for quick response! 
We will update to you a.s.a.p.
(In reply to Andrew Williamson [:eviljeff] from comment #3)
> to the other branch number).  Is it released under the same ID/GUID?
I think it is released under the same ID. Is there any problem? or suggestion?
(In reply to engT from comment #6)
> (In reply to Andrew Williamson [:eviljeff] from comment #3)
> > to the other branch number).  Is it released under the same ID/GUID?
> I think it is released under the same ID. Is there any problem? or
> suggestion?

It just means we need to be more precise with the blocks - we can't just block 0 to 9.2.0.1014 (or whatever was the broken version).
Can you confirm what versions, to your knowledge, are fixed in all branches?
e.g.
9.2.0.1024 is fixed
9.0.0.???? is fixed
and if there any other branches (e.g. 9.1.0.xxxx or 8.xxxx) you will be releasing updates to?
Flags: needinfo?(darwin_ye)
(In reply to Andrew Williamson [:eviljeff] from comment #8)
> Can you confirm what versions, to your knowledge, are fixed in all branches?
> e.g.
> 9.2.0.1024 is fixed
> 9.0.0.???? is fixed
> and if there any other branches (e.g. 9.1.0.xxxx or 8.xxxx) you will be
> releasing updates to?
Sorry for late response, as I know, we have three release branches.
1. 9.0.0.xxxx, not fixed, we are checking if we need to release a fixing in this branch.
2. 9.1.0.xxxx, 9.1.0.1036 is fixed.
3. 9.2.0.xxxx, 9.2.0.1024 is fixed, not released yet.
Thanks,
I split the block in two:

Trend Micro BEP 9.2 to 9.2.0.1023
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/blocked/i1223

Trend Micro BEP 9.1.0.1035 and lower
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/blocked/i1222

Let us know if you have more updates on this.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.