Array indices lower than length of generic objects appear hidden in console

VERIFIED FIXED in Firefox 51

Status

()

Firefox
Developer Tools: Console
VERIFIED FIXED
11 months ago
7 months ago

People

(Reporter: Oriol, Assigned: Oriol)

Tracking

({regression})

45 Branch
Firefox 51
regression
Points:
---
Dependency tree / graph

Firefox Tracking Flags

(firefox48 wontfix, firefox49 wontfix, firefox50 wontfix, firefox51 verified)

Details

Attachments

(1 attachment)

(Assignee)

Description

11 months ago
Created attachment 8790128 [details] [diff] [review]
generic-object-v1.patch

Enter a generic object with a length property and some array indices to the console:

    ({0: 0, 1: 1, 2: 2, 3: 3, length: 2})

The preview shows

    Object { 2: 2, 3: 3, length: 2, 2 more… }

instead of

    Object { 0: 0, 1: 1, 2: 2, 3: 3, length: 2 }

I wondered what was the point of doing that. It seems it was just a mistake of bug 1035545. It added an additional argument to GenericObject without realizing it was already called with a third argument.
Attachment #8790128 - Flags: review?(nfitzgerald)
Comment on attachment 8790128 [details] [diff] [review]
generic-object-v1.patch

Review of attachment 8790128 [details] [diff] [review]:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

LGTM!
Attachment #8790128 - Flags: review?(nfitzgerald) → review+
status-firefox48: --- → wontfix
status-firefox49: --- → affected
status-firefox50: --- → affected
status-firefox51: --- → affected
Version: unspecified → 45 Branch
(Assignee)

Updated

11 months ago
Keywords: checkin-needed
status-firefox49: affected → wontfix

Comment 2

11 months ago
Pushed by ryanvm@gmail.com:
https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/fx-team/rev/b532ddbe9b41
Stop hiding array indices of generic objects in console. r=fitzgen
Keywords: checkin-needed

Comment 3

11 months ago
bugherder
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/b532ddbe9b41
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 11 months ago
status-firefox51: affected → fixed
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Target Milestone: --- → Firefox 51
(Assignee)

Updated

11 months ago
Duplicate of this bug: 1231419

Comment 5

11 months ago
I have reproduced this bug with Nightly 51.0a1 (2016-09-11) (64-bit) on Windows 7 , 64 Bit !

This bug's fix is verified with latest Aurora (Developer Edition)

Build ID : 20160922004007
User Agent : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0
[bugday-20160921]

Comment 6

9 months ago
There has been a regression and so this issue is present again in Nightly,
i.e. entering in Web Console:
    ({0: 0, 1: 1, 2: 2, 3: 3, length: 2})
the preview shows:
    Object { 2: 2, 3: 3, length: 2, 2 more… 

Regression window: https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/fx-team/pushloghtml?fromchange=37f78aca862224d7151c0fcae1ed8373fe11c83b&tochange=a5510966f80b9b2f5abf59ab32cf4c92d66c60de

Among the changes pushed that day (2016-10-07) it was one for bug 1304178 ("Pref on the new console frontend in nightly").
This must have caused this.

In most current Dev edition 51.0a2 x64 (2016-11-14) the issue is not present - tested in win 10 x64.
(In Dev edition the old console is still enabled by default, so I suppose that's why the issue is not present there).
(In reply to Kostas from comment #6)
> There has been a regression and so this issue is present again in Nightly,
> i.e. entering in Web Console:
>     ({0: 0, 1: 1, 2: 2, 3: 3, length: 2})
> the preview shows:
>     Object { 2: 2, 3: 3, length: 2, 2 more… 
> 
> Regression window:
> https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/fx-team/
> pushloghtml?fromchange=37f78aca862224d7151c0fcae1ed8373fe11c83b&tochange=a551
> 0966f80b9b2f5abf59ab32cf4c92d66c60de
> 
> Among the changes pushed that day (2016-10-07) it was one for bug 1304178
> ("Pref on the new console frontend in nightly").
> This must have caused this.
> 
> In most current Dev edition 51.0a2 x64 (2016-11-14) the issue is not present
> - tested in win 10 x64.
> (In Dev edition the old console is still enabled by default, so I suppose
> that's why the issue is not present there).

Thanks for the heads up.  I filed Bug 1317502 to track the fix for this in the Reps system that the new console frontend is using.
Depends on: 1317502
Depends on: 1314571

Comment 8

8 months ago
Too late to fix in 50.1.0 release
status-firefox50: affected → wontfix

Comment 9

8 months ago
I have reproduced this bug with Firefox nightly 51.0a1(build ID:20160911030419)on 
windows 7(64 bit)

I have verified this bug as fixed with Firefox beta 51.0b12(build ID:20170105155013)
User Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0

[testday-20170106]
(In reply to Kazi Nuzhat Tasnem from comment #9)
> I have reproduced this bug with Firefox nightly 51.0a1(build
> ID:20160911030419)on 
> windows 7(64 bit)
> 
> I have verified this bug as fixed with Firefox beta 51.0b12(build
> ID:20170105155013)
> User Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101
> Firefox/51.0
> 
> [testday-20170106]

Thank you for verifying this bug!
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
status-firefox51: fixed → verified
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.