User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
OS Linux 4.7.1-040701-generic
OS Ubuntu 16.04
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Firefox
2. Visit https://mozilla.github.io/webrtc-landing/gum_test.html
3. Click "Application" Button
4. Click the "Application to share" dropdown in the door hanger.
1. Firefox launched successfully.
2. Page loads.
3. Permissions Door hanger appears
4. Dropdown should list all open windows.
2. Firefox window should be labelled "gUM Test Page - Mozilla Firefox"
1. Firefox labelled "firefox (1 window)"
Application sharing shares an application, including multiple windows of the same application at once, so the label is correct.
Click the "Window" button instead of "Application" to get the desired result.
A lot of people seem confused by this, so perhaps we should drop application sharing.
I tried sharing a window by clicking the "Window" button, but that doesn't work for me, see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1336723