Open Bug 1338167 Opened 3 years ago Updated 2 years ago

Dropdown to select username not displayed if multiple sign-ins on imgur.com on Android

Categories

(Toolkit :: Password Manager: Site Compatibility, defect, P3)

ARM
Android
defect

Tracking

()

Tracking Status
firefox51 --- affected
firefox52 --- wontfix

People

(Reporter: u549602, Unassigned)

References

()

Details

(Keywords: qablocker)

Environment: Beta
Device: Sony Xperia Z2 (Android 5.0.1);
Build: Beta 52.0b4 ;

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Fennec and go to a site that requires login (e.g. https://imgur.com/login)
2. Log in with two different users  
3. log out and go to a fresh login session 
4. Tap inside username credential box

Expected result:
Dropdown with the two usernames should appear from which the user can choose

Actual result:
Dropdown not displayed

Notes:
Please note that this is also occurring on Sony Xperia Z5 (Android 6.0), (Huawei Honor 8  Android 6.0) (Motorola Nexus 6  Android 7.0)
Flags: needinfo?(MattN+bmo)
(In reply to Mihai Ninu {:Ninu} from comment #0)
> Environment: Beta
> Device: Sony Xperia Z2 (Android 5.0.1);
> Build: Beta 52.0b4 ;
> 
> Steps to reproduce:
> 1. Open Fennec and go to a site that requires login (e.g.
> https://imgur.com/login)
> 2. Log in with two different users  

Are you choosing to save the login both times from the doorhanger? Do the saved logins appear in the saved login list?

> 3. log out and go to a fresh login session 
> 4. Tap inside username credential box
> 
> Expected result:
> Dropdown with the two usernames should appear from which the user can choose
> 
> Actual result:
> Dropdown not displayed

Is this a regression compared to 51?
Flags: needinfo?(MattN+bmo) → needinfo?(mihai.ninu)
> 
> Are you choosing to save the login both times from the doorhanger? Do the
> saved logins appear in the saved login list?
>  Yes, the both accounts appear in about:logins

> Is this a regression compared to 51?
> The same behavior can be seen in 51.
Flags: needinfo?(mihai.ninu)
Hmm… so you never get the dropdown with multiple saved logins or is it specific to certain sites?
Flags: needinfo?(mihai.ninu)
(In reply to Matthew N. [:MattN] (Meetings In Taipei) from comment #3)
> Hmm… so you never get the dropdown with multiple saved logins or is it
> specific to certain sites?

I don't get the dropdown for certain sites (e.g: imgur.com, ebay.com), even with multiple saved logins.

Please note that on accounts.google.com(youtube login redirect), amazon.com, facebook.com, imgur.com or twitter.com, the dropdown is present with available accounts.
Flags: needinfo?(mihai.ninu)
OK, I think this is an existing issue in password manager that's not from 52 so we can fix the sites separately. I'll morph this bug to handle imgur.com and clone it for ebay.com.

Please provide the exact login page URLs in bugzilla's "URL" field in the bugs.

Thanks
No longer blocks: 1217152
Component: General → Password Manager: Site Compatibility
Product: Firefox for Android → Toolkit
Summary: Dropdown to select username not displayed if multiple sing-ins were performed before → Dropdown to select username not displayed if multiple sign-ins on imgur.com on Android
Too late for firefox 52, mass-wontfix.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.