Now that releng are no longer using it (bug 1259627) we should be able to remove all traces of it.
Things I can think of: * remove scheduler/schedulerevents from https://references.taskcluster.net/manifest.json (done) * regenerate all clients * remove all scopes that refer to scheduler from roles/clients * update github repo to say it is no longer in service * update doc references, in our schemas/references, in the docs site, and in anything that uploads docs * terminate heroku dynos * delete/release any persistent storage the service used * delete heroku app * send out communication about sunset * close all open issues/PRs/bugzilla bugs related to scheduler * mark bugzilla component as obsolete so no new bugs land there * sing songs by candlelight to commemorate our sunken hero * check nothing in tools.taskcluster.net hits any scheduler endpoint I no doubt missed other things, pitch in if you think of something!
This is now the only open bug in Taskcluster :: Scheduler - I've closed/moved all the others.
(In reply to Pete Moore [:pmoore][:pete] from comment #1) > * remove all scopes that refer to scheduler from roles/clients I found these in the Scope Inspector (https://tools.taskcluster.net/auth/scopes/): scheduler:* scheduler:create-task-graph scheduler:extend-task-graph scheduler:extend-task-graph:* scheduler:route:gaia-taskcluster scheduler:route:taskcluster-github.*
Commit pushed to master at https://github.com/taskcluster/taskcluster-client-java https://github.com/taskcluster/taskcluster-client-java/commit/13d3b6368ae8a4bb3c5d9cffe2fa092e1a9d7333 Bug 1399437 - don't generate scheduler classes
Removed scheduler from taskcluster-client-go and taskcluster-client-java
(In reply to Pete Moore [:pmoore][:pete] from comment #5) > Removed scheduler from taskcluster-client-go and taskcluster-client-java Also updated github pages: * http://taskcluster.github.io/taskcluster-client-go * http://taskcluster.github.io/taskcluster-client-java
I think we can check back in a few days and see that nothing is using the scheduler, at which point we can turn it off. We should leave it installed in Heroku until esr52 is out the door, though (in August).
(topic updated to increase likelihood of finding this bug if someone decides to clean up idle Heroku apps)
Summary: Sunset the scheduler → Turn off scheduler-taskcluster-net Heroku app
No hits in the last 3 days per logs.
OK, all resources are set to 0 dynos. I'll leave it installed as suggested in comment 7, though (and still in the TLS cert, etc.)
I've requested a cert without scheduler.taskcluster.net in it.
QA Contact: dustin
Assignee: nobody → dustin
scheduler is dead, long live scheduler I removed it from the TLS certs everywhere. I deleted the Heroku app. All that remains is to remove the CNAME from DNS.
well, I guess there's nothing left here but the blocking bug so ...
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 2 months ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
TC client deleted, too.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.