The bug form "form.mdn" needs an update to change the the product from "Mozilla Developer Network" to "developer.mozilla.org". Sorry I missed this in bug 1439608!
The code seems straightforward enough. I've opened https://github.com/mozilla-bteam/bmo/pull/406.
Assignee: nobody → ehumphries
Attachment #8952598 - Flags: review?(ehumphries)
Assignee: ehumphries → nobody
Assignee: nobody → jwhitlock
Comment on attachment 8952598 [details] [review] Patch This looks good and I've approved and merged the patch on GitHub. ni? :dylan to schedule release.
Attachment #8952598 - Flags: review?(ehumphries) → review+
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: a year ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
It looks like there are a few more changes needed, such as .htaccess. I'm setting up Vagrant, and will open a new pull request.
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: FIXED → ---
Conveniently I need to do another push today, so I can get this out easily. What's wrong? if it's simple I can just do it for you. :)
I think I can have a PR ready in 30 minutes, do you mind reviewing? There's a few more places where "Mozilla Developer Network" appears in the code: https://github.com/mozilla-bteam/bmo/search?utf8=✓&q=Mozilla+Developer+Network&type= extensions/BMO/template/en/default/bug/create/custom_forms.none.tmpl - Suggests the feedback form extensions/BMO/lib/Data.pm - Forces the template form.mdn .htaccess - RewriteRule for form.mdn that includes product name extensions/BMO/Extension.pm - Migrates product_sec_group mappings
Oh, and the original problem is a permission denied error for the form: http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/form.mdn This was the problem I was originally trying to solve. Even with years of experience, I filed a bug for what I thought was the solution, not the actual problem...
I see! I casually looked at the patch too (but didn't review it) and missed that too. I'll have time to review today, no worries.
PR opened - https://github.com/mozilla-bteam/bmo/pull/410. Sorry, I'm not familiar with adding PRs as attachments. extensions/BMO/Extension.pm appears to be a migration from 2015, and that code block hasn't been updated since, so I decided to let the past remain in the past.
Pushed change up to bugzilla-dev, it should be live there in ~15-20 minutes, give that a look-over and then I'll do a prod push.
https://bugzilla-dev.allizom.org/ has the old product name "Mozilla Developer Network", needs to be updated to "developer.mozilla.org" to reproduce the bug and verify the fix (see bug 1439608)
Of course, why would the dev db be at all up to date? sigh. one sec.
Okay, it seems to work now. It's of course a bit jarring (design-wise), but no worse than it was. :-) (as an aside, I might try to get someone to make it look nicer in a supplemental bug).
https://bugzilla-dev.allizom.org/form.mdn works for me, and starting a new bug for developer.mozilla.org uses it. I'm not used to any other bug form, so it looks the same to me :) Ship it!
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: a year ago → a year ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
* https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/form.mdn works without error * Opening a new developer.mozilla.org bug uses the form Thanks for helping with this product name change!
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.