Closed Bug 1507057 Opened Last year Closed Last year
replace libtheora's README
_MOZILLA with moz .yaml
we're standardising how vendored code is annotated; libtheora's README_MOZILLA should be replaced with a moz.yaml file.
jya, after running libtheora's `update.sh` script pulling from the current commit `74b57560775804bf248e3e5b4e57964112ccd7af` i'm seeing these unexpected differences in my local repo. most of the differences are due to the switch from svn to git which i will resolve as part of this bug. i don't know what to do with these changes in lib/config.h. config.h is generated by upstream's `autogen.sh` script, and appears to be system specific. our `update.sh` applies some fixups, i suspect in an attempt to make the config.h system agnostic, however there's differences between my local config.h (osx) and the version that's in tree. i don't know enough about this library or our requirements around it to know if this is a problem, or to suggest a fix. i could just ignore it for now, pushing the issue out until the next time we update libtheora. be aware the code we're running is from 2010, so i suspect updating this library is either not going to happen or is long overdue :) what do you think i should do?
Attachment #9024922 - Flags: feedback?(jyavenard)
Comment on attachment 9024922 [details] [diff] [review] config.h.patch Review of attachment 9024922 [details] [diff] [review]: ----------------------------------------------------------------- LGTM, I have no preference on the matter, theora is scarcely used these days. I've never touched that lib, it's pre-empt my time at Mozilla
Attachment #9024922 - Flags: feedback?(jyavenard) → feedback+
(In reply to Jean-Yves Avenard [:jya] from comment #2) > LGTM, I have no preference on the matter, theora is scarcely used these > days. I've never touched that lib, it's pre-empt my time at Mozilla since it's rarely used i'll go with "ignore the problem for now".
Add moz.yaml and update `update.sh` to match other media libraries. Note after upstream's switch from SVN to git the RSC headers have changed, however, these changes have not yet been committed. I've updated the patch that had hunks with context extending into the RSC header so it continues to apply after pulling from git.
Pushed by firstname.lastname@example.org: https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/rev/59026ada59bd libtheora: replace libtheora's README_MOZILLA with moz.yaml; r=jya
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.