Thanks to bug 1518152 we now have a TelemetryTestUtils module that contains some common test code. test_TelemetryScalars.js should be changed to use the common code instead of its own getParentProcessScalars implementation.
To help Mozilla out with this bug, here's the steps:
- Comment here on the bug that you want to volunteer to help. I (or someone else) will assign it to you.
- Download and build the Firefox source code: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Build_Instructions/Simple_Firefox_build
- Start working on this bug. You'll be working in the test_TelemetryScalars.js file, replacing its own getParentProcessScalars with calls to TelemetryTestUtils.getParentProcessScalars. The function signatures are slightly different, so we'll need to add Ci.nsITelemetry.DATASET_RELEASE_CHANNEL_OPTOUT to most calls.
- If you have any problems with this bug, please comment on this bug and set the needinfo flag for me. Also, you can find me and my teammates on the #telemetry channel on IRC (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Irc) most hours of most days.
- Build your change with
mach build and test your change with
mach test toolkit/components/telemetry/tests/test_TelemetryScalars.js. Also check your changes for adherence to our style guidelines by using
- Submit the patch for review. Mark me as a reviewer so I'll get an email to come look at your code.
- After a series of reviews and changes to your patch, I'll mark it for checkin or push it to autoland. Your code will soon be shipping to Firefox users worldwide!
- ...now you get to think about what kind of bug you'd like to work on next. Let me know what you're interested in and I can help you find your next contribution.