Yeah, I'd totally go for a better name. I agree that Parent implies sidedness, but I'm also kind of allergic to classes named Manager :) And manager also makes me think that there's only one instance. And that goes for Parent as well, since we usually have Parent/Child mean a 1:1 relationship across process boundaries.
We could bring back AbstractBrowsingContext, but that's every bit as vague as MBC. More suggestions:
- SyncedBrowsingContext, as it is synced
- ExtendedBrowsingContext, as in it has more data than regular BC
- OwnerBrowsingContext, in that ... I don't know, is ownery
- ReplicatedBrowsingContext, in that it is where BC's are replicated
- CanonicalBrowsingContext, as in that it is what we consider to be the true representation of a BC tree
- CheckedBrowsingContext, as in that is here we check that stuff is valid
I like CanonicalBrowsingContext, CheckedBrowsingContext and lastly AbstractBrowsingContext. But in the end, anything but ChromeBrowsingContext.
Did I mention that I've got a degree in bikeshedding?