In bug 1550599 I added
BROWSER_SEARCH_PREF is currently used in various places within our search tests, and we should replace the separate definitions with direct references to
SearchUtils.BROWSER_SEARCH_PREF. Here's the current list of instances:
To help Mozilla out with this bug, here's the steps:
- Comment here on the bug that you want to volunteer to help. I (or someone else) will assign it to you.
- Download and build the Firefox source code: https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Build_Instructions/Simple_Firefox_build (an artifact build is sufficient).
- Start working on this bug.
- Examine the existing source code lines
- Remove the existing
const BROWSER_SEARCH_PREF = "browser.search."; lines.
XPCOMUtils.defineLazyModuleGetters to reference
browser/components/search/test/browser/head.js please create a new
XPCOMUtils.defineLazyModuleGetters call and move the existing
CustomizableUITestUtils.jsm import into it, and add the import of
- Replace the remaining references to
- Check you changes for adherence to our guidelines by using:
./mach lint toolkit/components/search browser/components/search
- Build your change with mach build and test your change with:
./mach xpcshell-test toolkit/components/search
./mach mochitest browser/components/search
- Submit the patch for review. Mark me as a reviewer (r?standard8) so I'll get an email to come look at your code.
- After a series of reviews and changes to your patch, I'll mark it for checkin or push it to autoland. Your code will soon be shipping to Firefox users worldwide!
- ...now you get to think about what kind of bug you'd like to work on next. Let me know what you're interested in and I can help you find your next contribution.