(1) We should set the license to MIT (we can do this in Github)
(2) We should add LICENSE and Contributing.md files. A good example we can base off of is here: https://github.com/Pocket/extension-save-to-pocket
(3) We need to draft the README.md — which will be "overview" of what this code is and how it is used
(4) We should create ISSUE_TEMPLATE.md and PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md. See here for examples: https://github.com/Pocket/extension-save-to-pocket/tree/master/.github
(5) Does this code include any third party libraries? If yes, we need to detail the licenses and review. See here for how we document: https://github.com/Pocket/extension-save-to-pocket#third-party-tools-licenses
(6) We will need to decide whether to start with a fresh repo or keep the existing commits you've been making as you've developed. Typically, we start with a "clean" repo; but if there is a reason to keep existing commits, we can.
(7) We should complete security review — sounds like that is already in progress, but let me know if you need my support.
(8) I will get this on legal's radar and confirm who we will work with to review.