Comment on attachment 9085298 [details]
Uplift 1573206 - A lazy render change
Beta/Release Uplift Approval Request
- User impact if declined: Performance increase on newtab.
- Is this code covered by automated tests?: Yes
- Has the fix been verified in Nightly?: No
- Needs manual test from QE?: Yes
- If yes, steps to reproduce: To test:
- Go to newtab.
- Inspect a card, and look for these:
- Scroll down a bit.
Expected: Initially, any cards above the fold should be
<div class="ds-card"> and any below the fold should be
<div class="ds-card placeholder"> and be empty (so they render fast) . As you scroll, they should update with their content.
- List of other uplifts needed: None
- Risk to taking this patch: Low
- Why is the change risky/not risky? (and alternatives if risky): Once verified in nightly, it's low risk.
The patch is pretty small, has tests, and the method used to do this is similar to another method we use before rendering images and has been working great.
- String changes made/needed: none