Closed Bug 1587364 Opened 1 year ago Closed 1 year ago

Because `getWebDriverBrowserName()` is never called `firefox` is not always returned for `browserName` on Android

Categories

(Testing :: Marionette, defect, P1)

Version 3
defect

Tracking

(firefox71 fixed)

RESOLVED FIXED
mozilla71
Tracking Status
firefox71 --- fixed

People

(Reporter: whimboo, Assigned: whimboo)

References

Details

Attachments

(1 file)

On bug 1525126 we got Android support added for geckodriver, and by doing that we had to update Marionette server to always return firefox as the browserName capability. As such I added the getWebDriverBrowserName() helper function:

https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/rev/7cc0f0e89cb40e43bf5c96906f13d44705401042/testing/marionette/capabilities.js

As just noticed by Andreas we never call this method. As result we will not return firefox for GeckoView based browsers.

To fix that we have to call the above method here:

https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/rev/7cc0f0e89cb40e43bf5c96906f13d44705401042/testing/marionette/capabilities.js#438

Pushed by hskupin@mozilla.com:
https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/rev/fe68bea737c7
[marionette] Use `getWebDriverBrowserName()` to determine the `browserName` capability. r=webdriver-reviewers,ato
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 1 year ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Target Milestone: --- → mozilla71
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.