I updated my mozilla 1.0 to 1.0.1 and all my mail settings, messages dissapeared

VERIFIED DUPLICATE of bug 155080

Status

--
critical
VERIFIED DUPLICATE of bug 155080
17 years ago
4 years ago

People

(Reporter: jadran.novosel, Assigned: cavin)

Tracking

({dataloss})

Trunk
x86
Windows 2000
dataloss

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

17 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020815
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020815

I updated to 1.0.1 and then tried to check my mail. When it opened all my
settings, local folders, received mails,.. dissapeared. But when I checked on my
HD they where still there(c;\documents and settings\Administrator\application
data\mozilla\profiles\default\...). How do I "import" all this back.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.
2.
3.

Comment 1

17 years ago
You should be able to go to Edit->Mail&Newsgroup Account Settings and re-import
your accounts.  If not, manually edit the prefs.js file to reflect the correct
folders.

How big is your prefs.js file?  Most likely, it got deleted, and this bug is a
duplicate of bug 155080.
Summary: I updated my mozilla 1.0 to 1.0.1 and all my mail settings, messages dissapeared → I updated my mozilla 1.0 to 1.0.1 and all my mail settings, messages dissapeared
(Reporter)

Comment 2

17 years ago
my prefs.js is 2330 bytes, and it looks like this. Is there anything wrong?

# Mozilla User Preferences
// This is a generated file!

user_pref("browser.bookmarks.added_static_root", true);
user_pref("browser.history.last_page_visited",
"http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&field0-0-0=product&type0-0-0=substring&value0-0-0=import&field0-0-1=component&type0-0-1=substring&value0-0-1=import&field0-0-2=short_desc&type0-0-2=substring&value0-0-2=import&field0-0-3=status_whiteboard&type0-0-3=substring&value0-0-3=import&format=simple");
user_pref("browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone", "rv:1.0.1");
user_pref("browser.turbo.showDialog", true);
user_pref("intl.charsetmenu.browser.cache", "windows-1250, ISO-8859-15,
ISO-8859-1");
user_pref("ldap_2.prefs_migrated", true);
user_pref("mail.account.account1.server", "server1");
user_pref("mail.account.account2.server", "server2");
user_pref("mail.accountmanager.accounts", "account1,account2");
user_pref("mail.accountmanager.defaultaccount", "account1");
user_pref("mail.accountmanager.localfoldersserver", "server2");
user_pref("mail.root.none", "C:\\Documents and Settings\\Jadran
Novosel\\Application Data\\Mozilla\\Profiles\\default\\nqk9tmhn.slt\\Mail");
user_pref("mail.server.server1.directory", "C:\\Documents and Settings\\Jadran
Novosel\\Application Data\\Mozilla\\Profiles\\default\\nqk9tmhn.slt\\Mail\\Local
Folders-2");
user_pref("mail.server.server1.hostname", "Local Folders");
user_pref("mail.server.server1.login_at_startup", true);
user_pref("mail.server.server1.name", "Local Folders");
user_pref("mail.server.server1.type", "none");
user_pref("mail.server.server1.userName", "nobody");
user_pref("mail.server.server2.hostname", "Local Folders");
user_pref("mail.server.server2.name", "Local Folders");
user_pref("mail.server.server2.type", "none");
user_pref("mail.server.server2.userName", "nobody");
user_pref("mail.smtpservers", "");
user_pref("mail.startup.enabledMailCheckOnce", true);
user_pref("mail.ui.folderpane.version", 2);
user_pref("mailnews.ui.threadpane.version", 2);
user_pref("network.cookie.cookieBehavior", 0);
user_pref("prefs.converted-to-utf8", true);
user_pref("signon.SignonFileName", "29827861.s");
user_pref("timebomb.first_launch_time", "1029826721864000");
user_pref("wallet.caveat", true);

Comment 3

17 years ago
*** Bug 163776 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Status -> NEW since there was a duplicate from another person.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true

Comment 5

17 years ago
The prefs.js file does look a bit small.  Do you use QuickLaunch?  If so, this
is a dup of bug 155080.

Comment 6

17 years ago
Oh... also what build did you upgrade from?
(Reporter)

Comment 7

17 years ago
I upgraded from 1.0
(Reporter)

Comment 8

17 years ago
ok fixed it
I created another pref.js file and copyed it to default folder.
Got all the messages back.
thx for helping 
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 17 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
REOPEN. Please don't resolve to FIXED unless there was a problem found and a 
patch was checked in to fix it.

You did not answer the question: Do you use QuickLaunch?
Severity: blocker → critical
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Keywords: dataloss
Resolution: FIXED → ---

Comment 10

17 years ago
WFM Linux 20020529 to 20020815 (1.0 - 1.0.1rc1)
(Reporter)

Comment 11

17 years ago
yes, I used quicklaunch
OK, thanks - then this is a dupe of bug 155080 as Kevin Chen pointed out above.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 155080 ***
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 17 years ago17 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE

Comment 13

17 years ago
verified dup 
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Product: MailNews → Core
Product: Core → MailNews Core

Updated

4 years ago
Depends on: 1163745

Updated

4 years ago
No longer depends on: 1163745
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.