Comment on attachment 9194285 [details]
Data review request
- Is there or will there be documentation that describes the schema for the ultimate data set in a public, complete, and accurate way?
Yes, in the Glean metrics.md and the Glean probe dictionary.
- Is there a control mechanism that allows the user to turn the data collection on and off?
N/A applications using Glean provide the mechanism for opting out of collection, Glean provides an API to support this.
- If the request is for permanent data collection, is there someone who will monitor the data over time?
Yes, Michael Droettboom
- Using the category system of data types on the Mozilla wiki, what collection type of data do the requested measurements fall under?
Cat 1, technical data
- Is the data collection request for default-on or default-off?
- Does the instrumentation include the addition of any new identifiers (whether anonymous or otherwise; e.g., username, random IDs, etc. See the appendix for more details)?
- Is the data collection covered by the existing Firefox privacy notice?
- Does there need to be a check-in in the future to determine whether to renew the data?
- Does the data collection use a third-party collection tool?