Closed Bug 17101 Opened 20 years ago Closed 20 years ago

Move PLEvent from NSPR

Categories

(Core Graveyard :: Tracking, defect, P1)

x86
All
defect

Tracking

(Not tracked)

VERIFIED FIXED

People

(Reporter: srinivas, Assigned: wtc)

References

Details

A previous attempt to move PLEvent from NSPR to the browser didn't work because
of inclusion of NSPR's private header files. This has now been fixed (Bug
#17093)and private header files are no longer needed.
Depends on: 17093
Ccing dougt. Isn't he the owner of thread.

I think we can move it into xpcom/thread.
Blocks: 17051
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Target Milestone: M15
OK, I'm going to work on this.  I upped the
priority to P1 and set target milestone M14.
I need to get this done before NSPR 4.0 goes
into beta (2/5).

Everyone I asked suggested that I move plevent
to xpcom/threads.  Do I have the xpcom/threads
owner's approval?
Status: ASSIGNED → NEW
Priority: P3 → P1
Target Milestone: M15 → M14
Either danm or I are the owner.  I do not think that you will get any refusal.  
Make it happen! :-)
I created the PLEVENT_MOVE_BRANCH (rooted at
PLEVENT_MOVE_BASE) for mozilla/nsprpub and
mozilla/xpcom.
Assignee: travis → wtc
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Blocks: 23642
Doug, I noticed that you fixed the Mac project and
MANIFEST files.  Thanks!

I just removed plevent.h and plevent.c from
mozilla/nsprpub/lib/ds and fixed the Unix and Windows
makefiles in mozilla/nsprpub/lib/ds and mozilla/xpcom/threads.
Now PLEVENT_MOVE_BRANCH is ready for testing.
oh, yes.  I forgot to update the bug yesterday.  I have not tested it, but 
everything build successfully.  I will get it a workout tomorrow morning.
There are a bunch of old NSPR10 compatibility macros defined
in nsprpub/pr/include/obsolete/protypes.h:
    #define PREvent PLEvent
    #define PREventQueue PLEventQueue
    #define PR_CreateEventQueue PL_CreateEventQueue
    ...

I moved these macro definitions to the new plevent.h.
/cvsroot/mozilla/nsprpub/pr/include/obsolete/protypes.h, revision 3.12.12.1
/cvsroot/mozilla/xpcom/threads/plevent.h, revision 1.1.2.1
I did a Red Hat Linux 6.0 debug build.  Builds and runs.
OK, the deed is done.  I landed PLEVENT_MOVE_BRANCH
onto the main trunk.

I also made the same changes to mozilla/nsprpub on
NSPRPUB_RELEASE_4_0_BRANCH so that these changes
won't be lost when we land that branch.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 20 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Moving to Verified per eng comments.  
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Product: Core → Core Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.