User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:97.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/97.0
Build ID: 20211223215735
This bug resembles bug 1738448 but now it's about
Save Link As instead of
download from pdf.js.
Steps to reproduce
- Open a private browsing window, go to https://dev.w3.org/SVG/tools/svgweb/samples/svg-files/
- Right click on any
.svg link and choose
Save Link As.
- Select a save location and confirm that the browser finishes downloading the file.
4b (optional). Right click on the file > Properties.
- Close all private browsing windows.
When the file is downloaded:
- At step 4, it is immediately opened in an external application. (bug 1741431)
- At Step 4b, file attribute for the file is set to
Read-only. (bug 1742754 comment 5)
After closing all PB windows:
The file is deleted.
The file is kept even after closing all browser windows because users specifically choose to save the link.
- It feels like the bug applies only to files types affected by bug 1741431, i.e. those that will immediately open in associated applications after downloading. (I don't know how to apply the patch in bug 1741431 myself and confirm this.)
- Unlike bug 1742754, this bug cannot be mitigated by setting
false. The file is still deleted.