- Default name for Developer Edition is
- Firefox looks for the icon in the
.desktop file with the name it was launched.
Developer Edition users need to have a
firefox-aurora.desktop file, then there's no icon issue even after restarting. Even if you have extra
.desktop files to launch other Firefox profiles, as long as
There's a bug in Firefox: when the browser triggers the command to restart, the
--name option should be passed to the new instance, but it's not, so it reverts to default.
For KDE Plasma users, you can check this issue by using "Detect Window Properties" from "Window Rules" dialog.
- If you launch Developer Edition without passing
--name option, window class is
firefox-bin firefox-aurora (firefox-aurora is the default name).
- If you launch Developer Edition using
--name customname, window class is
- If you launch Firefox Edition with custom name then click to restart, window class after restarting is
So while this issue isn't fixed, having just a
Exec=/path/to/firefox --name customname doesn't work properly because the name is lost after restarting and so is the icon if you don't have a desktop file with the default name.