Install of 1.3a1 discards some of my personal certificates

VERIFIED DUPLICATE of bug 182607

Status

Core Graveyard
Security: UI
--
critical
VERIFIED DUPLICATE of bug 182607
15 years ago
a year ago

People

(Reporter: Philip Gladstone, Assigned: Stephane Saux)

Tracking

Other Branch
x86
Windows NT

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

15 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021212
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021212

I have been using S/MIME for a number of years. I have a number of personal
certificates (most of which have expired). I upgraded from 1.0 to 1.3a1 and the
PSM shows that this process has lost most of my certificates. In particular, my
current (unexpired) certificate has been lost. [I use Thawte Freemail certificates].

By the way, I noticed similar behavior on another system when I upgraded to 1.2
(from 1.0), but since I had been having other significant problems with the PSM,
I put it down to a result of those problems [I tried to install a hardware
security device (an iButton), but it didn't work. Once I unsintalled the
iButton, I was unable to add certificates into the software security device].
Please note that the problems described in this paragraph are on a different
system to that 1.3a1 problems.

Reproducible: Didn't try

Steps to Reproduce:
1.
2.
3.

Actual Results:  
I ended up with two certificates

Expected Results:  
I should have had around 5 certificates.

Comment 1

15 years ago

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 182607 ***
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 15 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE

Comment 2

15 years ago
Verified dupe.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED

Updated

13 years ago
Component: Security: UI → Security: UI
Product: PSM → Core
Product: Core → Core Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.