User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20021130 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20021130 Using 1.2.1, I've had no problems for several weeks, and then suddenly just now I noticed that "open new tab" was opening tabs not at the END Of the tab-list at the top of the screen, but one palce before the end. Furthermore, when I came to try and close the last tab (which everything else was opening in front of), I can click the close button on the tab-bar, but although the tab-list flickers,nothing else happens. All other tabs seem to work properly. It seems as though the variable saying how many tabs there are has become corrupted - so that I'm attempting to close a tab which mozilla believes doesn't exist - and so that when I open a new tab, it opens it after the "last" tab, which happens in fact to be the "second-to-last" tab. BUT this should be impossible, I suppose, unless there are TWO copies of this variable - since the code to change tabs, paint them on screen etc, is all including the phantom tab. (search on "uncloseable tab" found no dupes of this) Reproducible: Didn't try Steps to Reproduce: 1.Just happened spuriously - I doubt I can reproduce (unless it persists after a restart) 2. 3. Actual Results: c.f details Expected Results: c.f details
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030125 Error: b.webProgress has no properties Source File: chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbrowser.xml#tabbrowser.addTab() Line: 45 I do it by middle-clicking on weekly CVS changes. with a chase 1:10 "dead" tab opened and this error poped. When I try to close this tab: Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIWebProgress.removeProgressListener]" nsresult: "0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbrowser.xml#tabbrowser.removeTab() :: removeTab :: line 32" data: no]
Ruslan, that js-errormeans you are seeing bug 137477. I think this is a dupe, but cannot be sure until adam can check for the same js-error.
I was forced to shutdown (unfortunately) since the non-closing tab happened. I've found the console, and can see ONE b.webProgress has no properties (so this may be a dupe?). If the console error log is persistent, then I guess it's a dupe - but I haven't experienced a repeat since I rebooted, so I dunno. It may be unrelated, but the console itself seems broken too: Copy - is broken (the copy RMB menu option is greyed out over all components) Scrollbars - are missing The textfield next to "evaluate" - is unclickable. Note: The console is hidden in a really DUMB place - I finally found it, although it took me about 5 minutes. It's something I've wanted to do before (as well as find the java console, if there is one), but searched through all the menus, and couldn't find anything. It should IMHO be on the "View" menu - I want to View the output! A search of mozilla's help for "console" brings up no matches either.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 137477 ***
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 15 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.